Thread: trouble typing in threads

Vehicle
    88 LXi

trouble typing in threads

Mods:

I generally have problems with DNS here on this site but now today everytime I respond to a post im getting funny freezes and seeing | ||| | | | | lines where type is. I then cant type for about 30 secs or so.

On the addy bar below it says www.imageshack.us yadday yadda ya. I dont use image shack never have. Why is it accessing it.

I have a 64 bit amd 512 ram win xp. I do have the win pop up blocker on atm also AVG virus. I am using explorer.

TIA

Wp

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    the imageshack thing is probably from a picture hosted on imageshack that's linked to on the page you're working on.

i've never encountered this problem with mozilla firefox. if you don't mind a bit of a change, go with that. it's a very fast download on broadband, and a livablt one on dialup. give that a shot and see if you encounte the same problem.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Explorer is sad, I only use explorer if some site says I have to... most of the time my netscape can access all pages without a problem... I've yet to get firefox.
    - llia

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    The only issue that's caused by the board is the Imageshack hangup, and even that is not directly caused by our servers. The Imageshack script is hosted on their servers, and thus the timely display of the script is contingent on the speed of Imageshack’s servers. Most of the time I don’t see a problem, but I have encountered times when loading the script is a bit slow. Even while it’s loading, the page is otherwise fully functional, and there shouldn’t be a problem with submitting a post.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    i tried netscape for a while. when i got cable, i felt like trying firefox out, so i did. at first, i dind't like it. a couple revisions and some nifty extensions later, and i'm exlusively using firefox. those bastard sites that require IE to run have an extension written for them that opens up an IE browser window when you ask from the right-click drop-down menu.

It likely has nothing to do with 3geez itself. That type of thing has everything to do with internet explorer. Sounds like it's time to reformat. I've had that happen before with internet explorer.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord
    Mods:

I generally have problems with DNS here on this site but now today everytime I respond to a post im getting funny freezes and seeing | ||| | | | | lines where type is. I then cant type for about 30 secs or so.

On the addy bar below it says www.imageshack.us yadday yadda ya. I dont use image shack never have. Why is it accessing it.

I have a 64 bit amd 512 ram win xp. I do have the win pop up blocker on atm also AVG virus. I am using explorer.

TIA

Wp

haha i get that shiznet sometimes its not 3geez its your comp

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    firefox>all
    Kevin

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    I seen that Mozilla Firefox is recommended by USA Today. Do you need to pay for it for extended use over time?

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    I seen that Mozilla Firefox is recommended by USA Today. Do you need to pay for it for extended use over time?
    nope, just download the bitch.
    Kevin

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky
    i tried netscape for a while. when i got cable, i felt like trying firefox out, so i did. at first, i dind't like it. a couple revisions and some nifty extensions later, and i'm exlusively using firefox.
    What are them nifty extentions your talking about? I'm went ahead and downloaded Mozilla firefox, cause IE runs me into some problems too.

EDIT--What extentions do you recommend?
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 08-16-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    adblock is the main one i like. i use quite a few, though.