Thread: 2 carbs!

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord hatchback

Lightbulb 2 carbs!

Someone told me that you can run 2 weber carbs, is this true and what model # carb if so?? any help would be nice!?!?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord hatchback
    ok now i see that you can put 2 carbs in our cars bur witch one will add the most horsePOWER screw gas mileage I want a little extra bost and cant afford a swap Or does any one know who sells the duel carb Kit for 87 dx
    thankx
    smallballn

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    I've done it. No one makes a kit. Its all custom work and will run between $500 and $1000 depending on how much of the fabrication you can do yourself and the deals you can get on the parts. You could try a weber down draft carb conversion, its alot cheaper and easier.

andy

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    or with the interchangeability of a20a and b20a intake manifolds it would seem that the factory already made a dual carb intake.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    dual carbs on a prelude. man.... it was just awsome to see one in the junk. the hood opens from the back as in hinged near the radiator. and has the filter cover of a 3g carb, and is in the back. and dual carbs too.

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    You can use that Prelude manifold, but I'd look into constructing a custom one; it'll look better, and if done by a competent designer, work better.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    The USDM and JDM B20A intake manifolds do not interchange.

The exhaust manifold does tough.

One thing that I will look into is the B18A dual carbs... That manifold could be used.

The only problem is finding one.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    the problem with intake manifold form prelude is that it has 2 cabrurators with one barrel each so the total is 2.
    plus weber doesn't have conversion for it.
    it may be a good start to make a custom intake manifold.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    Wait a minute. I just got dual weber DCOE40s and am counting on making the intake manifold custom like PhydeauX. Are you guys telling me that a B18A manifold will fit the A20A and that is is for a twin carb setup? Even if it's hard to find, it would save mass time and possibly $. Can someone who really knows confirm this, please?

The IDF (downdraft) conversion won't give the same power potential as the DCOE conversion, will it?

Just for fun, DCOE: DC means "doppio corpo" (double throat); O means "orizzontale (horizontal); E means it is a die cast carburetor. Wow, now you didn't waste your time reading this, huh?
    Last edited by Site; 08-20-2002 at 08:46 AM.
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    IDF is basically a down draft version of the DCOE, it should give similar power, but the dcoe give a better flow into an inline type engine. You want the straitest runners possible for best flow, IDFs will need a 90° bend and to make them fit under the hood that would have to be a tight bend. I have seen IDF kits for cars that don't have enough clearance to fit DCOEs between the motor and firewall (click the link in the last paragraph for the manifold catalog, they have a pic of one for a ford pinto). Usually you find IDF's fitted to small (under 300cid) v8s. The big v8s usually run the IDFs big brother the IDA, which has upwards of 56mm bores. In case you were wondering the DCOE has a big brother too, the DCO which has 50mm bores (I think there is a 52mm version as well). Unless you plan on all out top end raceing only the DCO is to big of a carb to be fitted to an a20.

The a18 manifold fits a pair of CV style carbs to the motor, it wont work with DCOEs nor will it make as much power. The CV carbs are single barrel and I believe have somewhere around a 32mm bore. I still don't think the manifold will fit. The a18 thats found in the USDM preludes has diferent ports then the a20. I wouldn't see a reason for the JDM version to be diferent, but you never know. If you want to see a good pic of the manifold click here. You'll need adobe acrobat 5 to view that. Look at the pic for the prelude ET engine. The ET became the A18 in 87 when honda changed its engine nameing schema.

Always wondered what the weber acronyms stood for.

andy
    Last edited by PhydeauX; 08-13-2002 at 02:45 PM.