Thread: hang ups on the drum to disc

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Unhappy hang ups on the drum to disc

ok, so I got the entire disc assembly off an SE-i, and want to swap it into my car.

>>>only problem is, I'm really picky... I figured that since I'm putting "new" parts in my Accord I can't just throw 'em in right from the other car. I'll have to clean them up first. I got my trusty wire brush, sandpaper, and Aluminum colored paint.

My problem is when I got to that funky thing (getting very technical here ) that Juan pictures here https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4438 (but the disc version obviously), it looks like I have to take the hub off to remove that POS dust shield lookin' thing. How the hell do I do that?

....I mean hey, if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right.... ...the first time!
    -Mark D.

Accord of the Year - 2006

The hub comes off with a bolt. (1 1/4" I think) Unless you take it to someone with a vise and impact gun, you're going to have to put the suspension on the car to brake that bolt loose.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    I wouldn't worry about cleaning that dust shield too much. Its hard to see and will be covered with break dust a week after you clean it any way. Take the calipers and disks off. Clean the surfaces where the disks meet the hub. Might want to have the disks resurfaced. Make sure the caliper slides move freely and that the piston and e-break lever arn't siezed up. Check the bearings to make sure they aren't too worn, the swap the parts on and you're good to go.

andy

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    not really worried about cleaning the dust shield, but rather the other part, and I can't get at it until I take off the shield,and I can't get at the shield until I take off the hub. Grrrrrr.... why must this be so difficult to take apart. If I only had a hammer and hack saw, oh, and a total disregard for the whole damn project....

anyway, I think you're right, I'll just put it on the way it is.
    -Mark D.