View Poll Results: What Kind Of 3GEEZ Tuner Are You

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like a nice looking car to go to school and work and etc.

32 43.84%
  • I'm a true tuner and have done major modifications; I pour money, time, and sweat into my setup.

32 43.84%
  • Stock grocery getter for me please!

6 8.22%
  • I'm a ricer, big wing, body kit, slow as hell and gosh darn proud of it!!!

3 4.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3geez tuner *poll*: what type of tuner are you?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket

3geez tuner *poll*: what type of tuner are you?

well, i'm just sittin here pondering, what kind of 3geez owner are you? i've noticed a diverse variety of 3rd gen accord on this site (and yes, i do see alot of stuff on here, 3geez is all i do, have no life). but anyways, i have a carbed dx, i've done just some stuff to it like lower it and some nice rims. i used to be rice as hell dude, i'll admit it, cannon ball muffer, carbed short ram and all!!!! but now it's just stock with suspension and sure gets lots of random looks. i do get nice comments like "hey man, nice old school you don't see that alot anymore." sure i feels good to hear that you know. these are guys like busted_blue and mreff, some nice lookin accords and i'm sure they don't go around trying to race every 5.0 they see.

i know with the a series, we can't do much on performance unless you got a shit load of money. but yah sadly, lots of pple do shit to their accords and think they're the fast and the furious. come on guys freakin exhaust, intake and header will NOT get you to do even 16 seconds in the quarter mile.

and there are those who do have tuned 3g beast, jon with his b18 set up (13's et in a sedan!!!!)), adam's b20 turbo, rob's b20 turbo, steve's ls/vtec, elijah's, jason's and accordepicenter's a20a3t, and ledgendmaster's soon to be bseries hatch, that one guy from thailand with his b16a2 nice lookin jdm 4door. a copule other's with some tuned a and b series, heck! there's even some tuned carbed guys that are pretty quick, ie. the micheals, lol...i give soo much props to these dude, they put blood and sweat in dedication of a passion. these are the true tuners.

then there are some that are just ricey as a farm in vietnam and they think they're fast or something. fuckin big wing on the trunk and they think it helps down force, crazy giant body kits, hecka purple and green and yellow and red and pos rainbow color lights led piece of crap. stupid type r emblems, fat apc pepboys piece of crap stickers... and the sad thing is, when i tell the truth to them, it's like they get a stick up their asses and cuss me out for saying the truth.

yah sigh, that's my rant. and i know most of the rest are just stock for communting and stuff, that's wat an untuned 3rd gen accord should be. there you have it, poured my heart out. haha
    Last edited by 88accordhb; 09-17-2005 at 12:53 PM.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    '89 LX Sedan
    I dont have the time or money to be a true-tuner, so for now its just a nice car to cruise in...

I put down the true tuner myself. Ive got a fully sport tuned suspension tuned on a 4 corner scale. well at least as far as you can go with external valved konis, sprint springs addco sway bars and dc sport strut tower brace. thing rides on rails. Ive done all the major overhaul from 5 speed swaps, rear disk swaps, full interior swaps, working on project b20a turbo and project carbed b20a.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Ive already done the "true tuner" setup 4 years ago with the suspension. Now its just clean "OEM" looking car.
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    getting to true tuner status, but the car isnt ran for its looks, and i have a major setup coming soon that is definetly worth of true tuner status

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Never really wanted to mod the car till I wanted it to handle like rails..so I got a fair share of performance handling mods on my car as well as the typical intake/header/exhaust and random comestics.

What would that be? I dunno i just voted randomly. =)

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    i voted true tuner, although i'm not officially there yet. i'm still waiting on the money factor, but i do have the donor engine out. i just need the money to build it from the bottom up. all N/A for me

edit: oh, and i have done a 5 spd swap, full suspension on two different 3g's of mine, rear disc, pulled trannies, heads, engine...
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    I'm a moderate tuner. I've got some work under the hood, but mainly engine part replacement & cosmetic (paint) to get it running & looking good.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    Stock grocery getter for me please! wOOt lol..so who else is one lol c'mon guys dont be shy hehe

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger
    Stock grocery getter for me please! wOOt lol..so who else is one lol c'mon guys dont be shy hehe
    nothing wrong with that. i would bring the bitch back to stock status, the ride is shitty as hella right now. and tires are expensive for like bigger wheels you know.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    im definatly more of the school/work commuter... Its all nice and clean, looks decent. Its fun to have the goodies like an alarm w/ remote start(gets people stairing), and sound system. Theres not much one can do(legally that is) with a carb in cali, so itll stay pretty much stock under the hood. Possible a header back, gunna get better engine grounds, and already flipped the lid(lol, yea i know, but its the same as a short ram). Just to get it a little better than stock will be good for me, dont need to race people or anything.
    Kevin

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    I'm pretty much the get to school/work guy.
    Although this winter I plan to change that. Right now I enjoy a fairly stock car, hell my stereo isnt even in the car right now, i just have exhaust and my brakes done for now.

But I have been compiling parts, and this winter I plan to tear the car down, get it repainted and all the rust cut out, and built the motor myself, also doing a 5spd swap at the same time.

So hopefully I can reach true tuner status soon/

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    I'm a true tuner and have done major modifications; I pour money, time, and sweat into my setup.

I guess i fall into the true tuner category. Ive done and am still doing NON STOP work to my piece of shit. I cant even keep my car running on the road for more then a week before something usually goes wrong and requires me to rip the bitch apart again. Every cent i have ever had since i was like 15 has gone into my car unfortuantly (which is actually not too much lol). I think if one more major thing goes wrong im fucking done. Ill be sellin the car and movin on to something easier and something more reliable that i can actually find parts for. But dont think i would be doing this to another car lol.
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by adams86lxi
    I'm a true tuner and have done major modifications; I pour money, time, and sweat into my setup.

I guess i fall into the true tuner category. Ive done and am still doing NON STOP work to my piece of shit. I cant even keep my car running on the road for more then a week before something usually goes wrong and requires me to rip the bitch apart again. Every cent i have ever had since i was like 15 has gone into my car unfortuantly (which is actually not too much lol). I think if one more major thing goes wrong im fucking done. Ill be sellin the car and movin on to something easier and something more reliable that i can actually find parts for. But dont think i would be doing this to another car lol.
    shut up dude, we all know already

well i'm not dawgin on you guys or anything you know, of course doin things is fun like I/H/E other stuff, but it's the pple that are really really cocky about their accords that annoy me.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    ya thats very true ct

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard
    ok all go no show. thats me im not a body man if that bitch done move i dont want it! how would you like it if some dude in a run down dirty car blew you nice" i just detailed it " car away? thats me. dont care what it looks like as long as it goes fast. but at the moment im drivin an 05' ford taurus. it sux but its a rental!
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    I am a tuner myself, but just as CT I used to be a F&F person also . Once I grew out of that all, all I want is a very fast nice looking car, but I am not a big fan of newer bodystyle cars, so I like to restore older import cars and do crazy shit to them.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    '89 Honda Accord
    skippers,Va. dont try 2 find it. it'll take u a while and strain ur eyes
    i am a tru tuner but i dont hav the money. but im not a person who wants a car just 2 ride 2 school(out of school. HA HA!!) and story wit
    " sometimes the echo between your ears is deafining."

Vehicle
    lol nobody wants to say that they are a "Stock grocery getter for me please!" punks!!!!!;p

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    I wouldnt say im a "true" tuner because i dont have any money to put into my car at the moment lol, still a high school student. But i have done a fair share of work to this car. I say we need a part tuner/oem person... kuz i want a JDM/OEM stock look, but i have plans to boost and such.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by 88accordhb
    shut up dude, we all know already

well i'm not dawgin on you guys or anything you know, of course doin things is fun like I/H/E other stuff, but it's the pple that are really really cocky about their accords that annoy me.

i didnt know i was cocky?

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by halxi
    still a high school student.
    thats no excuse dude lol j/k. Im still in high school too with no money lol.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    If i could actually get motivated to open the hood, stuff would get done. But I just keeps saying "fuck it" and it keeps ridin stock.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by adams86lxi
    thats no excuse dude lol j/k. Im still in high school too with no money lol.

dont rub it in adam lol j/k man

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX, 17"x7.5" Enkei 205/40's, Custom fabbed Seamless body front to back, shaved trunk, waiting for 3-Stage Candy paint to be applied

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 88accordhb
    well, i'm just sittin here pondering, what kind of 3geez owner are you? i've noticed a diverse variety of 3rd gen accord on this site (and yes, i do see alot of stuff on here, 3geez is all i do, have no life). but anyways, i have a carbed dx, i've done just some stuff to it like lower it and some nice rims. i used to be rice as hell dude, i'll admit it, cannon ball muffer, carbed short ram and all!!!! but now it's just stock with suspension and sure gets lots of random looks. i do get nice comments like "hey man, nice old school you don't see that alot anymore." sure i feels good to hear that you know. these are guys like busted_blue and mreff, some nice lookin accords and i'm sure they don't go around trying to race every 5.0 they see.

i know with the a series, we can't do much on performance unless you got a shit load of money. but yah sadly, lots of pple do shit to their accords and think they're the fast and the furious. come on guys freakin exhaust, intake and header will NOT get you to do even 16 seconds in the quarter mile.

and there are those who do have tuned 3g beast, jon with his b18 set up (13's et in a sedan!!!!)), adam's b20 turbo, rob's b20 turbo, steve's ls/vtec, elijah's, jason's and accordepicenter's a20a3t, and ledgendmaster's soon to be bseries hatch, that one guy from thailand with his b16a2 nice lookin jdm 4door. a copule other's with some tuned a and b series, heck! there's even some tuned carbed guys that are pretty quick, ie. the micheals, lol...i give soo much props to these dude, they put blood and sweat in dedication of a passion. these are the true tuners.

then there are some that are just ricey as a farm in vietnam and they think they're fast or something. fuckin big wing on the trunk and they think it helps down force, crazy giant body kits, hecka purple and green and yellow and red and pos rainbow color lights led piece of crap. stupid type r emblems, fat apc pepboys piece of crap stickers... and the sad thing is, when i tell the truth to them, it's like they get a stick up their asses and cuss me out for saying the truth.

yah sigh, that's my rant. and i know most of the rest are just stock for communting and stuff, that's wat an untuned 3rd gen accord should be. there you have it, poured my heart out. haha

WOW....you sound like a true player Hater!!!LOL...gotta be more open minded,,,,custom is custom my friend...it's a expression of individuality,,,,no need to hate your fellow 3G'ers.......
    LOL