Thread: cant pull back of back seat out

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX

cant pull back of back seat out

ok so im taking my back seat out cause i got this idea to just fill it with a bassin system. problem is, i got the part out where u sit on, but the back wont come out. i see these rubber pices on the clamps, does that ahve anything to dow ith anything? give me some clues and hints to getting this thing out of there.

thanks!

Vehicle
    1988 RED Fiero GT, 1985 BLACK Fiero GT
    I'll help you, first of all take the carpet out of the trunk or off of the back, then I belive its on the driver side if you look in the creves of the seat you should see a little black pin, its plastic remove that and all you have to do is push the seat the oposite direction towards the driver side and one side will slide right out, they made it like -- SEAT --- there are two bars (joints) that connect that seat in there, the passenger side is shorter and that black pin holds the seat onto the smaller one, once you done that you can push the seat towards the driver side and take it off that bar, then when you done this, pull it or push it the oposite direction and it should slide off the other bar, I done this when I mounted my amps on the back part of the seat in the trunk area, I just have a huge ass box for my bass system, COMPETITION :P, If you need any more help just ask.

Vehicle
    1988 RED Fiero GT, 1985 BLACK Fiero GT
    Ohh yea, if you want the 2 extra parts of the back closest to each door just should snap out, Mine did.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 honda accord lxi coupe
    ya just push it one way and it should pop out but make sure u get all the lil tabs of the back those things r a pain in the ass!
    L'amore Mangia e l'italiano Vivo
    http://www.geocities.com/sbullet46/88accordlxi.html