Thread: 86 accord idles really good when cold but as soon as it gets warm it studders and die

DX User

86 accord idles really good when cold but as soon as it gets warm it studders and die

5 speed 2.0 carbed. It idles perfect when cold but as soon as it warms up and the choke plate opens all the way it starts to sputter and die also pulled the plugs and cylinder 123 were black (rich) and cylinder 4 was white (lean ) any tips on where I should start? I'll upload some pictures

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: 86 accord idles really good when cold but as soon as it gets warm it studders and

Quote Originally Posted by 86 Accordlife View Post
    5 speed 2.0 carbed. It idles perfect when cold but as soon as it warms up and the choke plate opens all the way it starts to sputter and die also pulled the plugs and cylinder 123 were black (rich) and cylinder 4 was white (lean ) any tips on where I should start? I'll upload some pictures

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    New NGK plugs gapped to spec on the hood is a good way to start. Check out the cap and rotor as well.

There is some stickys on the top about the carb that may help you. Loose booster is one that comes to mind.

When the choke plate is open the motor should be fully warmed up on the temp gauge. A cold motor and open plate wont work.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!