Thread: subwoofer wiring

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX

subwoofer wiring

what's the best way to run the wiring from the head unit to the trunk? i have an 87 LX and the seat doesn't fold down, so what other options do i have? help on hiding the wiring would be much appreciated as well.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord lx
    Quote Originally Posted by sticks
    what's the best way to run the wiring from the head unit to the trunk? i have an 87 LX and the seat doesn't fold down, so what other options do i have? help on hiding the wiring would be much appreciated as well.
    I have an 87 lx and my back seat folds down but i need the key to do it

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted
    Run it along the side paneling by the doors, theres a couple screws holding it down, put it under the carpet (lift it up a bit, so its on the bottom/floor of the car) and put it back. Since its off the head unit I dont imagine it being heavy gauge wiring, so this shouldnt be a problem. Getting it through the backseat is a problem, there is actually space UNDER the seat on the sides. They have 2 clips holding them down in the front, just force it through and have someone in the trunk to be able to grab it. I used part of a broom handle to aid it through.

Its a pain without folding seats. I just eventually removed mine :p

LX User
    Vehicle
    1950 Plymouth daily driver, 1967 Riviera, 1951 Buick Roadmaster with a 455
    sticks and accordlx87, check your trunk under the rear decklid, there should be a black plastic handle you pull to release the rear seat. And as far as from the dash to the back seat, I assume you know how to take off the trim along the doorjam and tuck the wires under there?

LXi User
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug
    Run it along the side paneling by the doors, theres a couple screws holding it down, put it under the carpet (lift it up a bit, so its on the bottom/floor of the car) and put it back. Since its off the head unit I dont imagine it being heavy gauge wiring, so this shouldnt be a problem. Getting it through the backseat is a problem, there is actually space UNDER the seat on the sides. They have 2 clips holding them down in the front, just force it through and have someone in the trunk to be able to grab it. I used part of a broom handle to aid it through.

Its a pain without folding seats. I just eventually removed mine :p
    That's how I ran my wire. You can't even tell and it was 4guage. *wired it from the batttery as well*
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

Vehicle
    ^My other asian body^ 1989 4dr lxi

Re: subwoofer wiring

Just remove the whole backseat and all the trim on the side that you'll be running the wire. Are you running rca cable to an amp in the trunk?
    or are you running speaker cable right off the deck to your subs?
    If you running speaker cable straight off the deck's speaker outputs,
    why go through all the trouble when you could use the speaker cable from
    the rear speakers in the rear deck? for that matter, why not just use an actual amp and crossover to run your subs?