Thread: So, the wife and I are getting another car.....

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

So, the wife and I are getting another car.....

Well..when i met Tracie, now my wife....she fell in love with me, and my car...
    we met in cali and there were many instances when we were dating i let her drive my car...and many more when i wasnt even there!! but i married her so it goes to show how much i trust her. I was home visiting family for christmas and i even gave her the key to my car to drive it from Monterey to San Jo airport ( you nor cal boys know what imtalking about) to pick me up..like a 2 hour drive.
    She enjoyed Norma Jean's V6
    so...she fell in love with the Av6 and wants a 6th gen in black. shes like me. you know i love the 3rd gens...but i think the 6th gen coupes (not sedans) have had the best lines for an accord ever. and with the v6 in there...dooom.
    so when we had the baby we were like..damn we need a new car. my wife threatened me with divorce and death if we got a mini van--but i ws fine with that....i was looking at gettting a 3g or 1st gen teg or 2nd gen lude or something around those for a daily driver for me...when this fell into our laps....

im talking with the guy now about it. i wont get the carputer or the system ...hes parting it out on V6performance.com, but im going to see about the rims, possibly lambo doors, or anything else he cant part out. maybe the body kit too.
    regardless...im looking at a black, v6 6th gen coupe for the wife...isnt it pretty??? Itll look so nice nice next to Norma.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/730649/1

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Re: So, the wife and I are getting another car.....

Hopefully everything works out good for you, i like the 6th gen accord too. Post some pics of it when you can.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

dude guess what , u found my room mate's car! lol

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

are you shitting me?

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

there is what i consider to be a major problem with the transmissions in those cars, though. i would avoid a 6th gen v6 at any and all costs because the transmissions are quite unreliable. just look over at honda tech and see how many of them have broken down.

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

go to v6performance.com and the stories you hear will make you never ever wanna buy honda again. some of them actualy dont. theres lots of subaru sti's and wrx's and stuff over there now cause of hondas transmissions.

the big problem seems to be actualy random. there are people who went through 3 trannys in 3 months, and there are people like myself. from connecticut to cali and cali to virgina, with mississippi along the way--112,ooo miles and still running strong on the original tranny. it all seems to be random. no way of knowing. but. at 120k id say its not looking to bad. if it was faulty it woulda gone by now (in most cases of the j30a1 faulty tranny)

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

nope not shittin yah at all , hes form tomes river , im from 2 towns over in jackson NJ , we both didnt know it but we both went to community college at OCC now were both at Rowan U , ill tell yah man i cant say nuttin bad about the car , tim's kept really good care of it , ive ridden in it and that car is solid, even with most problems that that gen of accord has, his rides like its mint, i think he would freak out if he came back from class and told him about this lol

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body