Thread: Walbro Fuel Pump

LXi User

Walbro Fuel Pump

Hey guy's got another question for the 3geez experts. When I'm looking at the Walbro fuel pumps on ebay. Usually they'll say walbro fuel pump for [insert car name] well since they never say Honda Accord does it honestly make a difference when you're installing them? I mean the pictures in the discription for the one for a mustang and then one for a civic look identical? When installing them is there much more to do then take out the old one and plug in the new one? Thanks for any insight on this. Just trying to put togeather my Christmas/Turbo list.
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Re: Walbro Fuel Pump

Well what mods do you have, it's possible to overwhelm your stock system.
    What model of walbro is it... what LPH? / LPM? flow rate does it have?

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed

all the honda ones should fit just fine. If you want to be positive i used a walbro that was supposed to be for a 88-91 civic and it fit just fine. Dont worry when you get it and its smaller then your stock, its suppose to be that way. My 255lph was alot smaller then my stock one but worked just fine.
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

LXi User

The one that was suggested to me was the "typical" 255lph for a turbo set up on the accord. I've seen on ebay 255lph pumps but, they say they're for a mustang or camaro or civic or something like that and I didn't know if that was just the sellers way of bringing in searches or if the pumps wiring that it comes with would only work w/ the mustang's stock wiring.
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

you can use any of the kits that say they are for a honda. Pretty much any one will work. My 255lph intank is great, if not overkill, but its much better than relying on the stock pump esp if your getting close to 200whp. The 190lph intank might be a better choice
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord POS tranny

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    you can use any of the kits that say they are for a honda. Pretty much any one will work. My 255lph intank is great, if not overkill, but its much better than relying on the stock pump esp if your getting close to 200whp. The 190lph intank might be a better choice

not to steal attention here or anything, but is the 190lph in tank fuel pump good for making 175ish WHP? and to somehow keep this on topic as well, at HMT ive seen a guy using an inline fuel pump, do those work well?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

the stock pump is for sure good to 175 whp. I have a walbro pump, supposedly for an integra. However, it totally sucks because I couldn't find a damn filter that would fit onto the inlet! So I'm also rolling with its pickup several inches higher than it should be, making me nervous when the gas guage is gets low. ..stupid.
    There are 2 different walbro pumps available. One is the 'turbo' specific version, which flows more at high pressure. I suppose I should have gotten that one. Another thing, you Will have to modify your fpr with a 255lph pump, or your idle afr will be like 10:1. Just do the endyn mod and drill a tiny bypass hole in the regulator.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

I know this topic is old and sorry to bring it back. How every I am gathering turbo parts and in my research I found this thread. I have a quick question accord epicenter what walbro kit are you using? And is the pick up riding high on you? Any problems or worries as of yet? Thanks much for the help.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed

Quote Originally Posted by 88hondalxi
    I know this topic is old and sorry to bring it back. How every I am gathering turbo parts and in my research I found this thread. I have a quick question accord epicenter what walbro kit are you using? And is the pick up riding high on you? Any problems or worries as of yet? Thanks much for the help.

i used a walbro 255 for the 88-91 civic. Fit fine.
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5

Get a universal kit. That's what I did. Then I had to connect 2 wires at some point to the pump plug. I forget where they came from but the instruction were included and then I just zip tied it to the pump bracket.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

They do list a kit for the 3g Accord, same as the 4th gen lude. Here:

http://www.autoperformanceengineerin...tml#honda_apps

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

hey guys thanks for the help and the fast replies!!!

Vehicle
    90 ED7 Si

What does the HP mean?? I see HP255 and just a regular 225 whats the diff??
    I can't read the signature rules so MrBen deleted my signature.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

just in case anyone with the carb is interested,while you are on the topic of fuel pumps, autozone now carries a bosch intank pump for our cars, they have always had super high quality fuel system components being oem on most german cars, up to this point i've had a terrible time with aftermarket pumps,best so far was the masterpower pump,worst by a long shot was the nappa pump . these intank pumps are very precise and operate at high rpms constantly while the ignition is on,so the cheap ones don't last.I'm going to get one of the bosch pumps myself as soon as money permits and i suspect i will be happy with it. I read their brocure on the difference between their pumps and cheap pumps,and it made complete sense to me. no bragging on their part just a fair side by side comparison.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Hp when talking about a fuel pump stands for high pressure which means that you can push more psi from the pump. Its best for forced induction set ups. They can over run stock regulators and such. I had the 190lph hp on my dsm and ran it over 18psi and never had a problem just to give an example of how good this pump is. I work at auto zone so just a quick word about there fuel pumps the Bosch pump is great quailty it has a metal turbine in it so it runs super cool, the construction is second to none. I hardly ever see one come back on warrnty. Know the sorry master pumps we sell have a plastic turbine in them so they run super hot when that turbine starts to break down and the burn up. We have a lot of those come back thats why the know longer have a life time warrnty just a year now. So if you need a pump spend the extra get the Bosch pump not only do you get a life time warrnty but a better pump.

Vehicle

umm walbro pumps are a metal trochoid pump, not a turbine style impeller pump like the stock one. Dont know anybody whos smoked a walbro yet. I hear that some of those Aeromotive and big denso pumps are real good. Sorry, cant speak for bosch, dont know anybody who runs one.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Accord I wasnt talking about the Walbro pump when I was talking about the plastic Impeller I was talking about the crapy Master pump. The Bosch I was talking about is just an oem replacement. I have however seen more then a few Walbro's bite the dust they are huge in the dsm world that I am comming from, but I have never had on go bad on me.

Vehicle

oh yeah ok my bad lol

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline

If it makes any difference, i have a 92 or 93 Camero Z28 and it works fine. Its loud but it works fine. I had to turn down the fuel pressure, but it works great. Same fuel milage and stuff and cost me only 65 bux

Vehicle

yeah, sean said that was a viable alternative too. My walbro cost like $80 or so