Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Project *Lots of pics*

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Re: Winter Project *Lots of pics*

Quote Originally Posted by carotman

For the rear fenders, you should go to Napa and buy replacement body panels, they are cheap and will just fit there easily. Just a little cut/weld job bit the shape will be perfect.
    Really? Napa? Ok cool I'll give them a shout to see how much they charge....

Right now I'd have to do some re-constructive surgery to the two rear fenders I cut out to make them work well :-)

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

I can respect your work. I've been doing about 5% of the work you are doing. Keep it up!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2003
    Really? Napa? Ok cool I'll give them a shout to see how much they charge....
    Right now I'd have to do some re-constructive surgery to the two rear fenders I cut out to make them work well :-)

I have a discount at Napa and both rear fenders cost me around 110 for an 89 civic sedan.

I know they have all the stuff you need for the Accord. It even comes in defferent shape depending on what's rusted or not. They also have the rocker panels.

This is definetly somehing you should buy. This way, you replace the rusted part with a rust free one and Bingo! no more rust and the perfect fender shape.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

Well I really really wanted pics for this update however due continuing digital camera issues I'm unable to do so.... I'll have them soon :-)

So I took a week break off my car by that I mean I was working all the times I could have been working on this project.

So on Saturday I sanded and primed the: Roof, the whole right side of the car and three out of 4 doors!!

See look :-)

Leaves me with 3 or 4 more things to do (for the exterior) and then I can start to sand and primer the interior!! I'll have more pics a little later :-)
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 05-23-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i HB (traded). Now 96 Civic EX coupe

nifty.... more pics!!!!

03 Nissan Maxima 6spd 3.5L -- Daily Driver
    96 Civic Ex-T 210whp/183wtq @ 9.5 psi tuned on Hondata s300 -- Now at 12psi, unknown power
    04 CBR600RR - Sold, and now wrecked. RIP

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

wow dude wish i had a gardge to do my poor old volvo in and are 3gee lol

Vehicle

Well I was really bored at work today and so I decided to try and copy a picture I drew of my car...

ANYONE who has used windows paint program to try and fab a CGI body kit you have my respect... It's facking hard!!!

I know a couple of the angles are wrong (Front bumper sucks I know I didn't care about the lights) but this is basically the idea for my car when I'm done. It's of course going to have a brand new paint job... ** Graphite Metallic :-) **

oh yeah if this pic sucks give me a break I was using MS Paint!!!

So? What do you think? I'm actually going to scan my drawing eventually but this gives you the idea.... Any comments or suggestions??? (GOOD OR BAD)

I'm toying with the idea of making the fender flairs a little biggier and incorporating a flair all along the bottom of the kit and fender wells....
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 05-23-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

yuk thoughs bumpers look horible on these cars no offence nice ms paint job though

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

that looks really good for a job done in paint

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

dude those are some great paint skills...but well the bumper does not look that good. try again

Vehicle

Here is a scan of the pic I drew.

Sorry about the bad quality... but it was a printed black and white and then photo copied and then scanned!!

I really like the front bumper.. I adapted it from this pic:

Last edited by Gemini2003; 11-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i HB (traded). Now 96 Civic EX coupe

uhm.... how about a nice lip on the front bumper and the rear bumper (stock bumpers of course) and call it a day?

I'm not a fan of body kits.... too expensive and too easily fucked up.

03 Nissan Maxima 6spd 3.5L -- Daily Driver
    96 Civic Ex-T 210whp/183wtq @ 9.5 psi tuned on Hondata s300 -- Now at 12psi, unknown power
    04 CBR600RR - Sold, and now wrecked. RIP

Vehicle

... I'm making the body kit ... Shouldn't cost more then $100 or $150 in fiberglass materials I hope!!

I'm thinking about buying blocks of foam and then carving them down to the shapes I need. That should be interesting lol

Plus with the total ammount of hours I'm investing in this why would I cheap out on the bumpers??? I would feel like I robbed myself.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Vehicle

I'm liking you more and more Overdosed A18A!!!!

That looks sweet! For a while there I was a little shaken at what a couple people where telling me about custom body kits but now I know I WAS RIGHT!

By the way... That's a cool kit and it's even better you did it yourself!!! (sorry if it's not you)

I can't wait till I start on the body kit now!
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 02-20-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

its not his, its a newer guy.......starts with a T.....like than or something like that...
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord LX-i hatchy

WOW, props, I personally don't like that bumper, too many holes, but its a matter of taste.
    check your reaction HERE
    find 3 differences HERE

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

thats as many as the stock bumper.....well plus two at the very top of it.

but remember, two will be filled with turn signals, two more with fog lights. then theres just two more
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle

Yeah I'm not incorporating the two stupid ones in the top of the bumper... I have a set of PIAA Driving lights that I'm adding but I don't know if ill be semi-hiding them or having them right up front... Haven't decided yet!

Vehicle

Hey everyone! I went hard this weekend ;-)

Sanded and primered all exterior body panels! See Look!

My Spoiler :-)

Yeah yeah thoes two horrible rust spots are getting replaced as well :-)

Last edited by Gemini2003; 02-27-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Vehicle

Even did a little cutting :-)

So I'm now cutting out all the panels that have to much rust to repair... There will be 4 sections of metal cut out and then the old panels I cut out (from the donor car) will sized to fit and welded in place :-) I'm also sanding and priming all the rust spots that are in the interior of the cabin (like below). These will not receive paint but a good coat of primer to prevent the rust from reforming.

Last edited by Gemini2003; 02-27-2006 at 11:58 AM.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord LX-i hatchy

so is all this work worth it?
    check your reaction HERE
    find 3 differences HERE

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ivanfbi
    so is all this work worth it?
    In my opinion and in my situation yes.

However... It's really quite a huge job, I know this may be stating the obvious but if you can't dedicate a healthy amount of time into this GOOD LUCK. I've been on it for just over 3 months now (at 2 days a week on average) and I'm just getting into the final stages of the body work... I'm probably looking at another 3 months until the car is nice enough to drive again.

It's good for me because I'm not driving right now. It's also good for me because it's fairly cheap way of doing things. I'm in the project for under $1000 including the price of 2 cars and a sandblaster.
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 03-02-2006 at 10:28 AM.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord POS tranny

Quote Originally Posted by carotman

For the rear fenders, you shoudl go to Napa and buy replacment body panels, they are cheap and will just fit there easily. Just a little cut/weld job bit the shape will be perfect.
    are you serious about napa selling replacement panels? i always thought they just sold replacement parts. think they sell or even stock there here in alberta? i might consider doing this cause my rear quarter has rust and im thinking about replacing them as well. to fix the rust on my trunk id probably have to replace it(its forming severely on the bottom near the latch). and for the front fenders id probably have to go get new ones as mine are dented heavily and starting to form rust where someone keyed

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

I know that Napa carries a nice selection of body parts. At least here in Quebec

Here's what I know they have:

- Front bumper cover
    - Front bumper reinforcement
    - Front fenders
    - Hood
    - Rocker Panels
    - Rear quarter / rear wheel arch (depending on how much metal is rusted on yours)

They carry aftermarket replacement body parts so this might even include more but that's what I can think of now.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742