Thread: strength of a 3 gee

strength of a 3 gee

so if anyone cares I wrecked my coupe like 6 months ago or so. I got tboned on a local hwy. speed limit is 50 and Im sure she was doing it. I got the impact rght in the drivers door no skid marks on the pavment

At the time im like damn, I just spent all weekend putting a sei interior in it. a 5 speed swap, sei rear conversion the works. I thought that was the worst of it.

So today Im swapping the interior into yet another coupe and Im thinking wow. I might have been luckier than I thought. Overall the car at its narrowest piont in 14 iches closer than stock. I had a really hard time getting the seats out, the driver door panel is just junked and some other pieces at that.

So i pull the rear seat and the weld that joinst the fender to the unibody is sompletely ripped about 12 inches or so. Folded in just mangled, The top of the cab has like a 3 inch crease in it and the door is literally just being held OUT byt the latch mechanism. I think if it would have been nay different I wouldnt be at least walking right now. I didnt even go see a doctor or anything come to think.

Well I thought i should share. Feeling a little hopeful here and Ill try to get pics if someone wants to hst. Ill try to figure out how to make them smaller if I can. Ive got a 5 meg camera and thats about how much I know with it. Mike

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

Re: strength of a 3 gee

dam sounds pretty bad, did you get injured badly? glad you could pull some good things off it, sad to see it go, frame damage for sure
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

oh the chassis is rolled up on the side of the car. The center console is no more. The drivers seat frame is sideways from the original position. I walked away pretty soar limped for a day or so and the macho man in me took over.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

sorry to hear about that. if i may ask, did you get to collect insurance money on that?
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

mm email them to [email protected] and ill host em or get your own damn photobucket account.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe
    oh the chassis is rolled up on the side of the car. The center console is no more. The drivers seat frame is sideways from the original position. I walked away pretty soar limped for a day or so and the macho man in me took over.
    so obviously you wore seatbelts, good job,saves lives, and you got off pretty easily
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

yep seatbelts.

no funds my fault and only liability with underinsured motorists coverage

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

I remember when you did the 5 speed swap! You asked me about it, and I gave you some pointers. You should post some new pictures of your new and old car!

yeah ive done 2 since and am starting another tomorrow on the new coupe

Is pretty easy now. Im hoping to be done tomorrow night. Im not going to install the tranny and all since im putting the jdm b20a in just swapping in the cables, pedals, and all that jazz. thanks again for that. never did find out why my horn switch was on the cc buttons on the steering wheel but never looked either. guess Ill find out tomorrow when i take it out