Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Added New White Gauges for my clusters and two Black light 2 go with it

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe

Talking Just Added New White Gauges for my clusters and two Black light 2 go with it

I just did a little mod to my gauge clusters... I added 3 white gauges to go over the original, and u know the dash part where the gauges are... well if u ever take it out, the part where theres a lip... if u look under it, there will be a little green strip, and in that strip contains a light bulb, and behind the gauge clusters there also contains bulbs.... I removed it and where the green strip is, I removed that part under the lip of the dash, and replaced it with 9inch blsck lights, so now it looks indiglow gauges as the black light reflects off the white gauges, it looks wicked cool... I will post sum pics up soon 4 u guys to see, hope u guy's like it... I'll keep u posted when I get the pics up, but it's gonna be a few days, but I'll get em 4 u guys 2 see.... tell me what u thing guys... Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

DX User
    Vehicle
    2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
    Did you print out those white gauges that someone here put up for free? Do they light up bright with the blacklight?

Ive been trying to get my friend to do that for a while now....cant wait to see pics!
    Chris Jones
    2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
    Hotshot CAI, Hotshot Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, AC Autotechnic Reverse Indiglo Gauges, SW Autoworks Pulley, ES MM
    14.9 @ 93mph

Vehicle
    yeah I got em from AERODECKACCORD I believe... I got em off his site... and yeah they reflect pretty bright from the black lights, looks great, I am so proud of how they turned out... I'll get some pics up soon... Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    yeah most def. post up some pics. I'm dying to see what those damn things look like acutally on a car.
    -Mark D.

Me too!
    Maurice

Vehicle
    89 lxi sedan with 300k on the motor
    can some one direct me as to the complete instructions for installing those damn things

i got the download, but am wainting til the confusion of how to get them printed and placed in before i asked anything

my only problem is how to get the decals over the needles without taking them out, cause aerodeck said it would mess up the gauge

help me please
    can i loan you some mileage, i got enough to go around

Vehicle
    Well My friend the only way to put the white gauges over the original ones is to take the needles off, but you must do it with caution... When u take the needles off be sure u take em off exactly where they are positioned, so that u can reposition em back exactly how u took em off after you have successfully added the white gauges over the original stock ones.... it's not as hard as u think, but it can be tricky if u don't take em off carefully and If you don't reposition the needles they way you take em off.... In some cases, you might be a hair off but that's ok, it's not always a perfect precise accurate way to put em back off.... My gas gauge is a hair off but it's ok, doesn't make much of a difference... but if you deside to do it just be very causious when u do it.... If your not sure how, have a friend or someone on the board to help you out with it.... I'm not 100% sure but there might be a "How-To" section on how to install them, give it a shot, but be careful, make sure you do some research b4 u go off and do it yourself. But if you feel you can do it, then I don't see why not go for it... Good luck bro, I'm sure you'll get em on... Hope that helps bro... Lataz...

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i Hatchback
    does the dimmer switch work with the black light???
    www.geocities.com/geezpict/bumb

Vehicle
    89 lxi sedan with 300k on the motor
    finally i can put in the 3geez officially unofficial gauges.... lol
    can i loan you some mileage, i got enough to go around

Vehicle
    Yeah the dimmer switch also works with the black lights, but u must cut off the cigeret lighter plug at the end of the black light wires and connect em behind the dash, where the wires to the switch to turn on the headlights go and thats it...

Post pictures! I am dying to see what it looks like.

Vehicle
    Guess What Guy's.... Pic are on the way... The pics will be posted up tomorrow night, because my teacher is lending me the digital cam tomorrow and I am taking it home with me to take pics of the guages.... I do however need someone here from the board to post the pics up for me... can u post em for me Coroncho80?? Or someone that has access to post pics, can some 1 post em 4 me... and if u can please PM me or post your e-mail address, thanks... can't wait to show u guy's... I also will take pics of my 86 Accord LX. **Please Note** That my Accord is still in the works and the paint job isn't the greatest, but if u have n e idea's as too what I should or could do to my accord after you see the pics... please feel free to post your thoughts or suggestions... Thanks... Lataz... ***PICS COMMING TOMORROW NIGHT***

Here are some of mines. Just so you guys can have an Idea what they look like ................

Here is what they look like during the day.

Bad picture of how they look at night

and a bad pic of the RPM Gauge at night

The Gauge's color is blue like the dash, but for some reason it looks kind of green in this pic.........
    Maurice

Vehicle
    88 honda accord DXE-i H/b 91honda accord wagon, 01 gsxr 600
    yeah sent it to me and i'll post them 89AccordLXI666

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-spd. & 1990 CRX DX (ZC Swap soon to come for CRX)
    What sort of paper do you print these out on? How does the light shine through normal paper? These may seem like stupid questions, but I'm stumped!
    Current Mods:
    Weber Carb Conversion
    2in. Straight Piped Exhaust
    Clarion DB336MP Head Unit
    Infinity Reference Series Speakers
    LX-i Console
    Factory Non SE-i Armrest

Originally posted by 3rdGenFanatic
    What sort of paper do you print these out on? How does the light shine through normal paper? These may seem like stupid questions, but I'm stumped!

Just for the record, this are not paper gauges. I got this from Procarparts.com sorry for the confusion.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    ok HondaMan87 I'll send em your way tomorrow night... Thanks again Josias for your help...... I wanna thank HondaMan87 for the help and work he has done with my car... he printed em out for me and helped me install em, so if anyone is gonna get credit for it, it's definitly going to be HondaMan87, a very good friend of mine, so thanks alot bro for the help..... what do u say HondaMan87 we hang out this weekend and maybe (If your not buisy) help me out with the flex-pipe and help me install my exhaust system? PM me and let me know if your up 4 it, if not, it's ok no big deal.... Well guy's like I said pics to come soon, tomorrow night... And Coroncho80.. thanks for posting up some of your pics, to show every 1 a general Idea as to what the white gauges might look like... although mine differ just a little bit, but thats ok, they still look great... Hey Coroncho80 Where did u get that RPM gauge from and how much did u pay 4 it... I like it bro looks cool.... Aight guy's Lataz.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    i have one... i can give it to you for 20 dollars shipped... it has a black face tho.... or

http://www.truckn-store.com/product....t.asp&ID=20772

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    I'm asking about the printed gauges though.
    Current Mods:
    Weber Carb Conversion
    LX-i Console
    Factory Non SE-i Armrest

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Fn' Blue Honda Accord Lxi 4dr
    thos arent paulareodeck guages...thos are procarparts.com reverse indiglo...i wann know what paul's guages are gonna look like..i wanna do that this weekend
    "But no matter how much you tune it, it is still just an 86."

Kyoichi Sodou
    ~Initial D

MOds: bunch...if you see blue streak by catch up to me and ill show you ^_^

Vehicle
    88 honda accord DXE-i H/b 91honda accord wagon, 01 gsxr 600
    soon it will be post it

Vehicle
    They look great... sorry I didn't post em up last night, but I asked my teacher for the digital cam and he did in fact have it, but it needed 2 be recharged, so hopefully I can get it today... but about the gauges... I am answering a question for those who asked about the paper that was used to print out the gauges... well... u should use I high class gloss type printable paper, preferably the one that has the sticky side on the back so u can just stick it over the factory gauges, but I didn't have that type so what I did is I used High class glossy printable paper u know the good printing paper to do this sort of thing, and used elmers glue and glued the paper to the stock gauges and reassembled the whole thing back together.... But If anything... buy the high class glossy printable paper with a sticky backing so that all u have to do is peal it off the paper and slap it right on the factory gauges... hope this answers the question that some of u were asking... until then I will keep u posted on the matter of posting some pictures up of the gauges that I got put in with the black lights.... Sorry about the inconvienience guy's I'll try to have those pics up a/s/a/p.. Lataz

Vehicle
    Well then, how does the backlighting of the factory gauges shine through the paper?
    Current Mods:
    Weber Carb Conversion
    LX-i Console
    Factory Non SE-i Armrest

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i w/FI
    are the 90-93 accord reverse white gauges able to be wired to an 86 accord lxi
    :pimp:

Vehicle
    86accordlxi-fi... Ummm not sure about that one maybe someone can fill me in on this question 4 u 86accordlxi-fi...

3rdgenfanatic... I took the factory light bulbs out from behind the gauges, and I replaced the lighting with two 9inch black lights that go underneith the lip part of where the green strip part originally was.. and the black light tubes reflect off the white gauges.... they look wicked awesome.... I apologize again for the delay of the pics... my teacher forgot to bring in the recharger again for the digital cam, cuz he also coaches hockey for the high school and they had a big game lastnight and he totaly forgot about bringing the charger the next day to school, now hopefully he brings it in tomorrow cuz I'm dieing to post post up those pics of my gauges and I know u guys are too and have been very patient.... and I will do my best to get em to you a/s/a/p... I promise guy's really, no bullsh*t I will try... again I am sorry and I hope to get this straighten out so I may post em up tomorrow night... Lataz