Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to see something depressing?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX-i hatch

want to see something depressing?

well, the other day i was driving to work and this lady pulled out in front of me from a wendy's with her big chevy truck, chewing on french fries and not looking to see me coming. i couldn't stop in time and this is what happened.

this is depressing to me because: 1) i just got the car!!! geez!!! 2) it was garage kept its whole life and the paint was perfect! 3) it just hurts to see my poor baby like that... but, the cop cited the lady at fault, and i already filed a claim with her insurance. hopefully they'll fix it and not total it... she's got so much life ahead of her!! only 152,000 miles and dealership maintained... runs strong.

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

Re: want to see something depressing?

The insurance will more than likely try to totall it. You need to fight to get as much as possible for the car. Bring up the low mileage, any recipts you have for work done, ect. Even if it recently got tires, that all factors into what you can get out of the insurance.
    Who is her insurance with? And keep in mind that your insurance company will fight for you also, you can always get a lawyer too.
    AND.....most important, DON'T sign anything!!!!!
    Sucks though bout the wreck, good luck and keep us informed.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

dam that sucks bro...

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Keep the insurance money. Get a junkyard fender & have a body shop paint it, & slap it on yourself. Save some money for other things. The door needs some work, don't look too bad. Looks like a serious scratch.
    Hate car wrecks, especially your own.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 12-26-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

WOW. that car was CLEAN. the paint was mint. there is isnt even rust on the rear wheel wells!! and thats on every 3g! sucks man about the accident.

-Travis-

Vehicle

yeah it was clean... not a bit of rust anywhere. gotta love the South. the door's pretty dented in where it meets the fender, so i dunno if it's fixable or if it'd have to be replaced. her insurance is with state farm. i have receipts for everything done to the car for its entire life, right down to the oil changes. the original owner was meticulous about scheduled maintenance. the tires are new also. i'm going to fight to the death to keep the car, so wish me luck. i plan to fix the fender myself, but i'm gonna have to let a bodyshop do the door, rear 1/4 panel (cuz that's dented in too, but not that bad) and then paint it. hopefully that'll save me some money...

so if anyone's got a good, clean, rust free front right fender, let me know...

first burger king, now Wendy's customers! what's up with this 3gee desctruction movement?!?!

Vehicle
    89 LXI Coupe "Slighty Modified",,71 Chevelle,, 92 civic cx

nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo, bastards,that fukkin sux she should burn in hell for that ,honda god carma

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

i hate drive thru, fuckin shit, this is what happens when people go through drive thru's then eat on there way, and women drivers, man im sorry to hear that happen, it was a clean car, and they wont total it, because you just need a new fender, and the body shop can fix that rear panel and the door, unless you have frame damage, which you probably dont
    Last edited by russiankid; 12-26-2005 at 08:28 PM.
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle
    rollin on foot...

phuking woman drivers and their chevy trucks, while eating and driving.. you'll rebound from this, all you do is take the insurance money and fix her up.its really easy, one jy trip ia all you need.
    R.I.P....89 LXI 12/28/05
    R.I.P....91 LS 8/11/07

I VOWED TO OWN A 3G AGIAN AND I WILL.... STAY TUNED...

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i HB (traded). Now 96 Civic EX coupe

^^^ Not really... try finding a hatch that is gray, perfect paint, and no dents on that side. Not likely to happen any time soon.

But definately take the car to a body shop and bring them a fender in good shape that they can match the paint to your car.

I got hit the same place on my hatch, but I didn't get any damage on the door or rear fender.

03 Nissan Maxima 6spd 3.5L -- Daily Driver
    96 Civic Ex-T 210whp/183wtq @ 9.5 psi tuned on Hondata s300 -- Now at 12psi, unknown power
    04 CBR600RR - Sold, and now wrecked. RIP

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

ah man, I know what you're goin thru. Good luck man and try your best to keep the ol' girl

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

omg your poor car that suxs get as much as ya can to bring here back to the mint look shame it happend.. hope that ladies insureance company penilizes here with a super high premium

Vehicle

thing that i'm worried about is the paint matching perfectly. also, there's one other spot on the car that needs paint... right under the fuel filler, because the previous owner didn't know how to get the gas in the tank without getting it all down the side. so i'm thinking about getting the whole car painted. it's a shame, i know, because the paint's in such good shape. but i look at it like this... it's been well preserved by the original paint so now it's a blank slate for some nice new paint. i'm thinking about going with that metallic gray color on the new accords... graphite gray metallic. i like that color. either that, or maybe 2-tone, gray below the black strip and like silver or something above. that'd go nice with the wheels i plan to get - something like this:

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LXi sedan, 92 Legend LS sedan, 85 CRX HF (future project)

Quote Originally Posted by charlesb2003
    also, there's one other spot on the car that needs paint... right under the fuel filler, because the previous owner didn't know how to get the gas in the tank without getting it all down the side.
    Hey!!! I resent that!!! everytime I fill up, when the pump shuts off, the last of the fuel squirts out and down the side.... not much I can do about that besides carrying a rag around to wrap around the pump nozzle, then I got a stinky fire hazzard laying in the car all the time....

Vehicle

what i do is, take a few of those paper towels they have at the gas station by the trash cans and wedge them around the nozzle, and take my time pumping and when it's almost full, slow down until it clicks.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LXi sedan, 92 Legend LS sedan, 85 CRX HF (future project)

what i do is, take a few of those paper towels they have at the gas station by the trash cans and wedge them around the nozzle, and take my time pumping and when it's almost full, slow down until it clicks.
    4 months out of the year it's like less than 10 degrees out, I am not babysitting a gas pump in sub-freezing weather. As far at the paper towels, I could do that, but they're out or the dispenser is broken half the time....

My car's a POS daily driver anyway.....

Vehicle

ohh i just noticed where you live. well i don't blame you. here it rarely gets below freezing...

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

New Orleans drivers are dispicable. It's as if driving etiquette got blown away by Katrina. If you need junk yard parts, I think my local wrecker has a couple of 3Gs (Harvey Auto Wreckers I believe is the business name, located on the Harvey Canal by highway B-90). Hope you can get her back into shape again. Best wishes.

Edit: That intersection looks so familiar. Metairie? Veterans Blvd and Power Blvd?
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

Awaiting Activation
    Vehicle
    Virbius, my 1987 Honda Accord LX-i I got with no rust and only 92K miles!

Yeah, that is depressing. Sorry man, I feel for you.
    END OF LINE.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
    New Orleans drivers are dispicable. It's as if driving etiquette got blown away by Katrina. If you need junk yard parts, I think my local wrecker has a couple of 3Gs (Harvey Auto Wreckers I believe is the business name, located on the Harvey Canal by highway B-90). Hope you can get her back into shape again. Best wishes.

Edit: That intersection looks so familiar. Metairie? Veterans Blvd and Power Blvd?

thanks man, i might have to come check that out. and yes, that's veterans blvd, about a block away from power.

Vehicle

GOOD NEWS!!!

her insurance company totalled the car. they said i can keep it, and get $1,596.50 from them. i only paid $1,500.00 for it!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

GOOD NEWS!!!
    her insurance company totalled the car. they said i can keep it, and get $1,596.50 from them. i only paid $1,500.00 for it!
    that jy that '89AccordLX(Rus) mentioned has an se-i you can get some things off it
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle

SE-i!?!?! hell yeah! i was planning the disc brake swap, since my brakes are failing and i need new wheel bearings... i hope they have all the suspension parts on it. i need to take some time off and go check it out.

Awaiting Activation
    Vehicle
    Virbius, my 1987 Honda Accord LX-i I got with no rust and only 92K miles!

Well at least your story has a happy ending. Happy Holidays buddy.
    END OF LINE.