Thread: individual throttle boddies

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 lxi coupe 17" enkei's,exghaust,intake,dc sports headers and strut bar, konig wing

Question individual throttle boddies

ok the other day i was watchin this show on mtv called street racing and they were following a guy with a ds2 integra from japan and he opend his hood and he had a throttle body for each cylinder i was like wow that is badd ass so could we get one for the 3 geee and how much more power is he getting

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX
    huhuhuh thats cool (said beavis)
    89 Accord LX: Fram air Filter, Flipped lid, Bosch Platnum plugs, NGK 8mm wires, Accel coil (8140).

Things to come: Front and rear sway bars off SEi, Front and rear disc brakes off SEi, struts and springs, 4-2-1 manifold, 2.25" custom exaust, 16" rims (ROTA circit 8) with 205/45/R16 rubber (Falkon), clear taillights, new paint (this summer), custom cold air intake with box, oh ya, and fancy blue vacum lines

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    You can modify one for a b16 to fit rather easily. But they aren't cheap ($1500 for the manifold) and you'll need a programable injection system to run the car.

andy

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i am not sure how much HP you will gain unless you do polish and porting, headers, cat back system.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    indvidual throttle boddies !

man i would love to see that !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lxi
    it would be much simpler, and make more sense to design a larger, ie more flow, tb for all 4 cylendars. there is no reason you need one for each, its a waste of time with extra sensors, sycronizing, and a whole lot of other pointless crap, pretty much just something to brag about. im not saying that this doesnt boost your hp, just i dont see any advantages over a single throttle body for all 4. we have small engines with relativly small fuel/air needs. its not like a 450+ ci engine that might make use of a carb for every 2 cylendars because a single carb of that size becomes inefficient based on flow/size and relative space.

peace

fussell

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Here's the goods. Yes this manifold can be made to work on a 3rd gen.

And I was wrong about the original cost, its $2355.00 for the kit, which includes injectors and a rail. And of course that doens't include the computer to manage the thing.

The horse power is going to be noticable, I don't think any one has done it yet with efi so there is no figure available. You also get better throttle response and that unmistakable quad intake sound.

Since that intake is from a b16a any b16a intake would fit. If you want to keep within a tighter budget you can get any b16a (b18a and b18c5 type R will also work, b18a is the easiest) manifold and have it on you engine in a few minutes with only a drill. The stock manifolds have shorter fatter runners and slightly larger plenums along with larger tb's for some more top end power. There are also alot of aftermarket manifolds available that can be made to work.

andy

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    It has to have a significant preformance advantage. I know that some of the Honda 600 cc sport bikes have have 4 throttle bodies stock. I doubt they would have bothered with them if they were't worth the cost.
    Mike