Thread: 3G ECU pinouts

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord POS tranny

3G ECU pinouts

i was looking over the ECU pinouts for the 86-87 and the 88-89 ECU's and i saw that the cylinder sensor and the TDC sensor were both switched around on them. im wondering if those sensor wires are 'switchable' as does it matter which TDC wire goes where, or better yet, is there a specific wire place for each of the TDC sensors. im asking cause i looked at the boomslang subharness breakdown and i saw that one of them should be a TDCP and TDCG. does it matter if those 2 wires are switch around from the ECU to the sensor? same with the cylinder sensor.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Re: 3G ECU pinouts

Yes it matters if those wires are switched around. The ECU needs the exact inputs to calculate the injection sequence (because this is the only thing it controls)

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord POS tranny

Re: 3G ECU pinouts

Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    Yes it matters if those wires are switched around. The ECU needs the exact inputs to calculate the injection sequence (because this is the only thing it controls)

i know those wires are switched around, but what i meant is, which ones the positive wire and which ones the ground? they both say cylinder sensor or TDC sensor. would it matter if i mixed up the ground and the positive wires?