Re: How to swap in a b series without a kit..pics inside

lets see some pics
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Today, while sliding all around on that same piece of snow covered ice that is my front yard, I replaced the bushings in my rear mount. I only installed one bushing, though. (The mounts all take 2 bushings, 1 per side.) I wanted it to be nice and soft. I was afraid to hit 2nd hard or launch it after doing that, since I haven't built the front mount in yet, (really did Not want to tear that bushing..) but I did it a couple times anyway.. At first it seemed tight, but then it loosened up, (I don't understand that..) and it started making a thunk sort of like a factory 94+ teg. I don't know what's bottoming out, and I don't like it. Overall the car is much smoother though, and I think a lot of the wheelhop is gone. Time for the front mount now, I guess some time next week when I'm off work..
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 02-23-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Vehicle
    88 accord hb dx

wow, my brain is smokin' now! um goin' to sleep!

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

how did i miss this thread

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    88 accord hb dx

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory View Post
    here a lousy pic of my newest mods, completed this morning..ebc yellow pads in the front, (88/89 brakes/spindles although my car is an 87) and new bilstein shocks valved to 375/120 front and 300/100 rear with sprint drop springs all around. Annoyingly, the car sits higher in the front due to the lighter b series motor..
    lighter b-series???

Vehicle
    86lxi hatch auto 87lxi hatch auto 88 lxi hatch 5-speed 96 sedanex 5-speed 88 carb coupe 88 sedan carb

aluminum vs iron man

"Weight is relative to power like time is relative to speed"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Well, I suppose I could update this thread a little. I wrote before that something was bottoming out when I shifted hard, that was my back mount internally bottoming out, due to the bushing being torn apart. That's what I get for installing only a single 60a bushing in one side of it with no front mount. So I then screwed around with that some more, and built a front mount too, with another single 60a bushing.
    However, my front mount broke, the piece the bushing fits into broke apart, amazingly enough. Never thought that would happen. Fatigue failure, I guess. So I just said fuck it and put an 80a bushing + another 60a in the back mount for now. However, I did something different with that setup. I enlarged the inside of the 80a bushing so it doesn't touch the metal tube that the cross bolt goes through until the motor torques. So the 60a bushing controls the motion until the motor torques enough for the 80a to contact the cross bolt aluminum tube thing, then they both control the motion. It's like 2 mounts in one. This results in a much more refined driving experience, since the 60a conducts a hell of a lot less vibration into the chassis, while the 80a is still strong enough to hold up to me chirping the tires hard into 3rd.
    I really hope to have this car going with my holset hx40 this spring. I don't drive it anymore these days, the current suspension is too rough for these roads and the car needs a lot of body work, due to me fucking it up in various ways. The car is also way too loud, n/a with a 3" exhaust, even with 2 magnaflows, is still too loud. The turbo will make it a lot quieter. Guess we'll see how it all ends up in the spring time..

Vehicle
    88 accord hb dx

well it sounds like swaping a b16a(gsr etc.) isn't easy and there isn't really a step by step w/pix on how to exept 4 ACCORDTHEORY! thanx dude! so im thinking of selling my 3rd g and buying rexi shell for $300 for my b16a.... (discouraged)

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by rfiks View Post
    well it sounds like swaping a b16a(gsr etc.) isn't easy and there isn't really a step by step w/pix on how to exept 4 ACCORDTHEORY! thanx dude! so im thinking of selling my 3rd g and buying rexi shell for $300 for my b16a.... (discouraged)
    3rd gens arent that great for swaps... with these accords, i'd only go the turbo route. a rex would be great with that b16 though
    Last edited by gfrg88; 10-29-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

i really need to talk to you my name is rushell i have a 1989 lxi and i have a 1993 teg i need to know what i need to do to swap the b18 from the teg into the lxi also i need to swap the gears because the gears in the teg grind and i want the taller gears of the lxi please contact me at 706 955 8860 home or 762 215 1646 cell thanks

DX User

hi there, i went to look at your pictures, but am having trouble loading/accessing them.
    i have tried on both a computer and a phone any suggestions? Can anyone at all help with this, or send me some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory View Post
    Rather than jacking someone else's thread, I thought I'd start my own..Here is what I have done so far. Starting with the driver's side mount: This mount took me several hours to make. All of the mounts were made by butchering a set of crx swap mounts from innovativemounts.com. 75A hardness bushings for minimum movement in my soon to be high whp turbo application.

Next we have the passenger side mount: Also done but not shown, strategic hammering of the engine bay adjacent to the tranny for clearance. And yes, I know that gloss black paint looks like shit!

The back mount was very difficult. Look at the first pic of the integra bracket, major fitment issues. I had to cut a section out of it, bent it down, and patch it back together. See how nice and curved down it ended up? Then I fabbed up the piece that I welded onto the crossmember. No clearance problems, no moving brake lines, etc!

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by 86silude View Post
    hi there, i went to look at your pictures, but am having trouble loading/accessing them.
    i have tried on both a computer and a phone any suggestions? Can anyone at all help with this, or send me some pictures?
    You can't see the photos because Photobucket has taken them. This is a old thread but you can buy mounts to do the swap. And you can rework the harness and added a ECU jumper