Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to swap in a b series without a kit..pics inside

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Re: How to swap in a b series without a kit..pics inside

yeah, I just spent almost the whole day working on the wiring. Maybe I'll post a couple pics of the finished harness and subharness tomorrow..

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Hatchback

so where do i get the motor mounts for the swap?

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory
    well, all I got done was installing the knuckles/brakes and test fitting the driver's side teg axle, which was a couple inches too short..
    well scence the driverside was to short and the passenger side was to long is there no way of switching the two around a seeing if the fit like that

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Bac89LXI
    so where do i get the motor mounts for the swap?
    No where. You make them.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

SEi User
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    well scence the driverside was to short and the passenger side was to long is there no way of switching the two around a seeing if the fit like that
    yeah, I wish..both are 23.5"..

so far my closest guess is an 89 teg p/s for the p/s, and an 87 prelude pass side with the integra end for the driver's side..23.1 and 24.6"
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-13-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy

nope both axles are almost identical in lenght, the passenger side is just a little bit shorter, but not enough.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...

Wow, I am glad my swap did not turn out to be this painful. I feel so bad for you guys and your 3rd gen problems. I used integra axles and my engine sits low enough that I didn't have to cut my hood up. I guess I just got lucky on my swap. I say good luck to all of you with your swaps and if you need specific help with something you can always e-mail me.

SEi User
    Vehicle

..hey, do you think the prelude axle will fit into the integra hub? (on the end that fits into the tranny)?
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-14-2006 at 07:05 PM.

SEi User
    Vehicle

...damn your prelude..lucky bastard

SEi User
    Vehicle

well, I just test fitted a pass side axle from an 89 integra on my pass side, it seemed legit with about an inch of inward play, so I promptly returned it to kragen and bought one off ebay..saving myself about $80, since I don't have any cores..

Vehicle

well, I just test fitted a pass side axle from an 89 integra on my pass side, it seemed legit with about an inch of inward play, so I promptly returned it to kragen and bought one off ebay..saving myself about $80, since I don't have any cores..

That is damn good to know. Thanks for tring it, but did you get the pass side 86-89 or the drivers side?

SEi User
    Vehicle

passenger side, they're both listed as the same length, 23.1", but like the newer integra, I think the driver's side has splines the whole way down the end that goes into the intermediate shaft, so it wouldn't be right for the tranny connection..

I'm still trying to figure out wtf to do with the driver's side. I would have bought an 87 prelude pass side, but they don't have any on ebay right now..and I still can't find my old integra end that fits into the intermediate shaft, I must have thrown it away..ugh..
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-20-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Yeah the left side axle has splines all the way through. Sucks

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX :-D 1993 Acura Integra LS Sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ is the SQUAD
    i still got the 90 teg, i am going to be junking it soon. its a 4dr rs if anyone needs any parts. i took basically everythnig swap related.

i was also considering cutting the mount brackets out of that frame from my accord.

legend, did you have to cut your front cross member at all to get your header to fit, i know steve from CT with the ls/vtec had to knotch his

Hey I dont know if you have the Teg anymore, but if you do, Im wondering if you have the lights still. Are they 3 peices? If so, I wanna get the bracket for the fog light.
    Fukity Fukity Fuk....
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/804813

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...

..hey, do you think the prelude axle will fit into the integra hub? (on the end that fits into the tranny)?

No I had to get 3rd gen Accord hubs to fit the Integra axles in. My problem now is my shift linkage. Its not long enough. The Stablizer bar is too short on my lude and so I cannot shift right. I will keep you guys updated.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by masterkillalw
    No I had to get 3rd gen Accord hubs to fit the Integra axles in. My problem now is my shift linkage. Its not long enough. The Stablizer bar is too short on my lude and so I cannot shift right. I will keep you guys updated.

are the accord and prelude shift linkage the same size, if not then you might try the accord one to see if it works.

SEi User
    Vehicle

Well, I finally started the car today. It runs like shit, hopefully due to not having an exhaust or intake, not because of all my mismatched sensors.. Here is a pic of the mostly finished harness. Rywire can officially take my $300 and shove it. I made the harness, not them. After undoing all their half assed work and making the harness actually function and look somewhat acceptable, I probably have about 15 hours in this thing. In addition to my previously aired complaints, the harness had no TA connection or coolant temp. Wrong wires going to both. Legend master, look at where my foot is, that is the plug that the extension harness connects to, before going through the firewall.

Some things to observe: The "T" that contains the pcs, iac, tps, and map connections, and the length of all the wires in general..you want an example of the job rywire did, look at the vtec connections, they're the only wires they did that I haven't altered yet. Which ones are the vtec connections? I bet you can guess..The only wires that are Way too long, coming out by the o2/reverse switch/TW connections.
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-29-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Vehicle

Well, I finally started the car today. It runs like shit, hopefully due to not having an exhaust or intake, not because of all my mismatched sensors.. Here is a pic of the mostly finished harness. Rywire can officially take my $300 and shove it. I made the harness, not them. After undoing all their half assed work and making the harness actually function and look somewhat acceptable, I probably have about 15 hours in this thing. In addition to my previously aired complaints, the harness had no TA connection or coolant temp. Wrong wires going to both. Legend master, look at where my foot is, that is the plug that the extension harness connects to, before going through the firewall.
    Did you put that extention harness on there or did rywire. Mine look completely different then yours.

EDit: Good job on getting it going, mine ran liek shit when I first started it also. You just have to get the kinks worked out.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...

wow.why not just use the engine harness? Thats what that looks like to me mainly. Execpt some other things. But. I am using all the harnesses and fuse boxes from the Integra. Just keeping my lights and what not on my stock fuse box and using the others for the engine and gauges.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    are the accord and prelude shift linkage the same size, if not then you might try the accord one to see if it works.

Already working on fixing that problem. Just gonna extend the stablizer bar and the shift linkage. Just got to get everything welded.

SEi User
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by masterkillalw
    I don't think you understood my question, I guess I wasn't clear enough..what I meant was do you think I can put the end of the integra axle onto the prelude axle so I can fit the prelude axle into the teg intermediate shaft? The spline counts are the same, so I hope I can..I also hope the prelude axle is long enough..

As far as your shift linkage, time to bring out the welder..you know I had to..

SEi User
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    Did you put that extention harness on there or did rywire. Mine look completely different then yours.
    I did! I made the entire harness! Rywire can juggle deez

Vehicle

I did! I made the entire harness! Rywire can juggle deez

LOL, good job dude. I am working with rywire right now to create an OBD-1 convertion for the a20. They dident do me wrong so I got nothing against them. I wish I had all the stuff to do a custom motor swap, I would drop a c27 into the 3g.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...

I don't think you understood my question, I guess I wasn't clear enough..what I meant was do you think I can put the end of the integra axle onto the prelude axle so I can fit the prelude axle into the teg intermediate shaft? The spline counts are the same, so I hope I can..I also hope the prelude axle is long enough..
    As far as your shift linkage, time to bring out the welder..you know I had to..

If I remember correctly, the prelude axles are smaller in diameter. Which means the integra axles and prelude axles aren't compatiable.

SEi User
    Vehicle

not according to napaonline..27/26 splines, with the same thread size as the 3g/integra..

damn, I was hoping someone would solve this for me, but it looks like I'll be spending some time at a junkyard, trying to mix and match axle components..

edit: I might have actually found someone who can assemble an axle for me using all factory parts, with no core charge..

..as lil jon would say, Yeaayuhh!!

we'll see though..
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-31-2006 at 03:33 PM.