Thread: another oil leak

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 honda accord

another oil leak

my car has been leakin oil.. i know it is comin from the pcv hose off the pan and im goin to replace that hose tommorow. im pretty ure its a 7/8" hose. could i use any 7/8" hose for it or do i need a specific one? also oil is drippin from the pan on the tranny side. i dont think it is comin from the gasket bcuz i just replaced that. im thinkin it might be from the the oil filter base but ill check that tomm. any other ideas on fixin the leak from the tranny side would be helpful

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Re: another oil leak

where its leaking on the tranny side, that could be from your distributor. mine is leaking from there and until you look under the distributor its hard to tell that its the cause. maybe the same for you? i also replaced the oil filter base gasket. i'd recommend replacing the 3 bolts also, i found those to be very brittle and break off in the block when tightening.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 honda accord

ya read some other threads and im probably gonna have to replace the oil filter base gasket. its seems like it is a difficult thing to change and it involves a 24mm socket which i dont have. are the gasket on the distibutor easy to change?

i check my car and it seems oil is leakin from teh distirbutor and oil filter base so im gonna order the orings gaskets nut and all that good shit and hopefully all my leaks will be gone.
    Last edited by zacritz929; 03-12-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

i think its a good idea to replace your PCV valve at the same time. that can cause multiple oil leaks if its been clogged up.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

7/8" heater hose works fine. Check your dizzy o ring and if thats ok, check your valve cover, and if thats fine, make sure your rear main seal isnt gushing
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 honda accord

Ok I ordered both dizzy o rings, the filter housing o ring and nuts, and the (ouch)$17 breather hose. One more question, what is the rear main seal??