Thread: Nothing

DX User

Nothing

Hey guys i know this was asked somewhere but when i click search my computer goes crazy.
    I had my car sitting in my drivway for about 5 weeks snow rain everything and i just finished changing all the fluids and i had the battry out and for about 3 days and i put every thing back and i went to start the car nothing battry dead so i jump it and i will not turn over it does not even crank. is it usall for the cars starter to hult up sitting there for a while?

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Re: Nothing

I had my car sit for a couple weeks with the battery out and everything when i did my transmission and that didn't happen to me. Did you double check to make sure all your wires were hooked back up correctly??

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

check the main fuse, other fuses.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp

Main relay, unless it's called a fuse. under the hood, on the left, there's a box of under-hood fuses. Look for one to be broken. A bigger sized broken one is your main. This happened to me when I put the battery terminals on backwards (yeah, I know. don't laugh.)

Plugged in a new one. (a few dollars at advance?)
    Good as new.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

After checking all the fuses & relays. Put a socket on the crankshaft bolt & turn it back & forth. I seen a few cars, (not many) that had condensation on the cylinder bores & rusted up after the car set weeks on end. The starter couldn't turn it over after rust set in on the cylinder bores.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

wtf?!?!? i had my car sitting for about 3 months (in garage), just push started it and it and all good, i reckon u should try push starting it
    Last edited by A18A; 03-13-2006 at 12:50 AM.