Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EFi conversion

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    I didn't think that the pictures I took would be so useful.

Damn, I DID rip my car apart.....

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yeah carotman, ur a god. and your pics are precise and thats why they come in handy. and u ripped yoru car apart and u did put it back. but mine is still ripped.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    accord HB ( metallic green)
    Same ! Mine looks just like that, hopefully i'll be able to get it all together and working .... Lol

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    hey carotman, u did not have AC on your car before did u? seems like u did not, but now he has it. lucky boy:p

if the compressor spins freely, does it mean the compressor is worth buying and is in good working condition?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Somebody please..please Help ! Do you know if the auto wiring harness will work fine for my standard. I figured it should it will only have a couple extra clips for some of the auto stuff but it all looks the same

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    does standard mean 5speed? i dont think why not. Well the 5speed wiring wont work for the auto cause the auto has the lights for which gear u are in (d4, d3, 2, 1). it should not matter bro. it should not give u a problem though.

Hey carot man. when i went to the junk and took off the wiring, under the passenger seat. there were two things that i did not see on my Lx. one was a black rectangular box and the other was 2 relay type thing that ran to the back of the car and was clipped near the rear passenger speaker. what does that do? i gotta see if i have the clip on my lx. heheh.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well i'm just startin to paint my engine bay, got it all masked off and i'm painted it metalic green.
    My progress has been kinda slow lately - been busy taken care of my outdoor garden...mmmya
    I keep thinking of other things to do while its all ripped apart, i've got to slow down and getit runin first dammit...

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    heheh, i like the 3-2-1 smilie guy u have. yeah, well i got my progress slowed down a bit. got the altenator and the engine bay wire harness for my car. just need to get the gas tank and the return fuel line to get it fixed before i can like put everything back on. on tuesday me and my friend are gonan power wash my engine bay after a good load of degreaser. and paint the tranny and lower half of the block with cast aluminum paint.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Sweet !! that's what I'm gonna do too.. take my tranny off my old engine, paint it and possibly get my flywheel machined down.

How are you going to run your fuel return line ?
    are you going to just use rubber fuel line and run it along the passenger inside where the metal ones are ? Also are you changing your tank right away, I was thinking I've leaving mine for now and changing it later after I got some spare dough.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i am gonna get a lxi coupe gas tank. no sedans bro, none. i am gonna get the metal fuel line but probably thinking of cutting it and putting a rubber hose to join em, but seems like a bad deal. the problem is, its a feed line we are running around. The rubber hoses are not good enough to hold it i guess. and i dont wanna mess with it. i got my lx tank out today. and damn that thing had soo much gas in it. i am still wondering if i gotta get a high pressure flexi fuel line or wait till i get hold of a sedan or ask guys around here for a line in a decent price. oh by the way, watchout when u release the gas tank. just have a huraulic jack under the tank, have the car on the stand. unbolt tank, lower the tank slowly and remember to release all the hoses that connect to it. u dont wanna bend the existing fuel lines, case u need em.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    So it is the fuel feed line we need? what do you meen by no sedans.
    ya I guess the rubber is not strong enough for feed line.

Carrot man what did you use for a line ? and did you just run it along the other ones on the pass side inside the car?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    sedans usually have a longer fuel feed line right? am i right on this? and is the fuel feed line on the pass side? i thought it was running with the other two on the driver side. gotta check it out tomorrow in the junk yard. gotta take off another set of seats, carpet. dash...... gosh this nightmare wont end....... still continues..... gosh i need my friend to help me out on this.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    I hear YA !
    Thank god for those friends ....... that think they know what there doing:lol Two heads are definetly better than 1
    Gonna get my harness in this weekend and paint my Dash black - Buy a new alarm, not sure what kind yet !(clifford or alpine) OR?

yhea new toys..lol
    Also gonna go get some of my other parts I'll need - fuel filter(the metal engine bay one) and maybe some other sshhhiiiitttt....
    sometimes I look at the car like

slowly but shirley :bh:

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i thought i had to replace my alarm, but the lucky thing is, the guys who did it just tapped into the fuse box so and ignition wire from the steering, my question is, is it expensive to get a new alarm? i mean, if it like has keyless entry and stuff i want it. LIke my present one, u press it and the alarm sets and all the doors lock. and u press again, the alarm releases and all the doors open. i want those kinda alarm. the alarm on my sis car does not close or open the door locks.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    yhea I accidentally fried my alarm by hooking the batt. up backward (well a friend that was helping) and the alarm was bye-bye.
    But i had hooked up doorlocks - definetly worth the extra work.

Ya that would be cool to check out each others progress:pimp:
    today is my friday so its weekend time - time to for beer,barbeques and working on the car and maybe a little :bh:

and definetly the LAKE

Vehicle
    The fuel feed line is the same for all models/years, At least it's the same part number on hondaautomotiveparts...

The blackbox is the power locks and the relays are the sunroof relays

I need these parts!

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    no, the grey box is the power locks and the two relays are the sunroof. but i have a 3rd one on the harness i bought. the one from paul's website says that its either heated seat controls or headlight washer controls.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well I got my harness all in ! and I ONLY have 4 problems :
    1) no rear washer fluid control
    2)no rear wiper control
    3)no brake fluid warning light
    4)no backup lights (I'm guessing don't know yet)

So I'll have to try and think of somthin to rig up ... I don't really care about the wiper shit i''l prob just shave it. But the other 2 I'll have to do some shadytree mechanic rigging :lol

Vehicle
    no brake fluid connectors?????

I need these parts!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Yhea there is no plug for the brake fluid ? not to sure i'll have to go back to the wrecker and see how other 89 are wired to the brake fluid master. It doesn't look like anything is missing from the harness.
    Not to sure ! but damn I hope this auto harness works - with this nuetral safety switch, does anyone know how this will spoof the cpu - will the cpu work properly thinking that it is in neutral ?

Does anybody that has used this, know how that works or of any problems..thanx

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well i figured out the brake clip problem now I've encountered another - the heater assembly plugs in different on th 89 I guess cause there is no clip for it so I'll have to go to the wrecker on fri and prob. pick up on of those out of an 89

Slowly workin out the differences with the 89 to 87 harness !

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well I've finished everything on the inside and have it put back together. This weekend I get the engine and fuel tank. Then put those in - I expect to have it done by Sunday. "Hopefully"

Then I'm off to the exhaust shop then to get an alignment.
    I hope everything runs smoothly cause I plan on goin on a road trip Aug 9-16. I can't wait to have my 3rd gen back it's been like 4 months but it feels like a year. Been driven this 87 colt POS- hey but its turbo power. lol. after my cars runnin I'll let my girlfriend try to learn stick on it, then its down to the river to see how much air I can get with it. Its pushin to much blue I think to try and pawn it off, Maybe if I do an Oil Change with just that No smoke shit it won't smoke .:lol
    I'm borrowin a digi camera to put some pics up asap !

Thanx for all the help !:super:

Vehicle
    Hey that's cool, I hope everything runs as planned

I need these parts!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well I got the engine in - everything went smoothly, haven't started it yet still got to put bumper on and battery.
    The only problem I ran into the for though 87-89 conversion was the heater plug under the dash. Everything else worked smoooothly. Well haven't started it yet so can't really say that yet ! lol..
    89 efi conversion
    17" katana, lude arms, full 2" exhaust/hollowed cat, Ractive intake, centerforce dual friction, msd coil/wires

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    dang man. u are done. i have to put stuff together real fast. and oh yeah greenmachine, how much did u pay for the header gasket and the intake manifold gasket?