Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EFi conversion

LXi User
    Vehicle
    accord HB ( metallic green)
    I didn't need to replace those gaskets because i replaced the whole engine. It had 169,000 km on it, changed the oil pan gasket and the timing belt was just done 29,000 k ago. Tommorow I start it - had to custom make a liitle holder for my msd coil today. Dammm I can't wait. My DAD said he'll give me $250 for my exhaust - couldn't believe it ! I guess he can't believe I did all this shit and wants to help, can't say no to cash. lol
    89 efi conversion
    17" katana, lude arms, full 2" exhaust/hollowed cat, Ractive intake, centerforce dual friction, msd coil/wires

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Wonder when I became DX user .........yaaaaaah!!!!
    89 efi conversion
    17" katana, lude arms, full 2" exhaust/hollowed cat, Ractive intake, centerforce dual friction, msd coil/wires

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    hahaaha the time u were born :P

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well couple more problems
    - The air recycle on the blower motor won't stop turning off and on and off and on......WTF - all well unplug it for now !
    - Also for some reason there is no power going to the fuel pump ?

don't know why !
    got my ractive intake on today looks good -
    just need to work out a few bugs and get it runnin ..lol
    89 efi conversion

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    dude greenmachine, how did u get the fuel filter in man? did u drill any holes? check for loose connections on the blower motor and check if it has a relay or something. damn things gives all the crap when we are about to be done.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well the blower I don't care about for now - figure tha sh** out later. But this pump is really pissin me off ! There is power at the fuel pump fuse on the box under the dash - wondering if maybe there is some different relay on the dash fuse box ? I'm stumped what about cpu is there something that needs to be reset on it. damnnnnn!
    89 efi conversion

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    there should be relays on the back of the dash fuse box. on the carbs, there is a relay for the fuel pump behind it. i am not sure about the efi. i kinda guessing there is one. check for it.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    also check the connections at the fuel pump

LXi User
    Vehicle
    all connections are good there is power at the fuse box but , carrotman advised me that I should have put a main relay in, and I don't believe I did, cause I don't remember anything about it so I probably didn't. I have a few extra clips by the fuse box, just figuredit was for cruise, air, power options. So that would be why the pumps not getting any power, now I just have to find one, but I don't know what I'm lookin for ?
    I'm all done except for this got my intake on, engine is all clean, this is eaten me up I just want to drive it!!!!!!!!! lol
    89 efi conversion

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    oh yeah, that too. when i took the wire harness out. i pulled it out with all the crap snapped to it so i dont have to fumble thru which clips and sensors go into whatnot.

and how did u get the fuel filter? where did u bolt it on to?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    go to carotman's website http://pages.infinit.net/omus/ and go to the How to section and click on the efi conversion link and go to the parts needed section and click on main relay. its situated on the driver side right below the pwr antenna motor on the side wall and not on the firewall. Its bolted to it. U wont miss it cause it says main relay right on it and its usually dark brown.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    I can't believe I missed that............
    For the fuel filter just used the 2 bolt holes that we have thats good enough its not goin anywhere, and ya drill the hole after ya line it up for the fuel line. Gonna go find one of those fuses tommorow - well try an find one at the wrecker, all the cars around here are carbed at the wrecker. gotta drive for 1/2 hour to get to decent one. thanx - hopefully I can start it tomor

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i got hold of a hatchback today. probably a 86-87 and its efi. I wanna know if the fuel feed line would be the same length as the sedans from 89. either way. i am taking it out tomorrow.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    I still can't believe that there is HB that came with efi, Never seen one yet. They must be pretty rare.
    Today I got that relay - haven't tried it yet though, almost was going to call in sick for work to try it out. lol
    I'm gonna try it tonight on my lunch break.
    I wonder if the HB and sedan are the ame length ?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Damnn tried that main relay still no power to the pump

Tommorow my budy has a print out for me for all the elictrical relating to the pump so, hopefully I can pinpoint it !
    Unless this main relay is no good

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    well check the power in the main relay following instructions from Aedoduck's website. http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/index.html. Talk to coaster and he has a dirty lil program for that. i am pretty sure its either a relay or something that wont click in. hope its not a miswiring or stuff.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yeah the wheelbases are the same 2600 (102.4) for all 3g. its pretty simple concept huh? all 3g have same dimenions on chassy except in some places.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    OHHHH !! I was so happy when that feul pump turned ON !

I think the main relay is Toast - I bypassed it on the plug and I got the pump to turn on, So tommorow I go to th wrecker again and get another main relay - if that works all I have to do is find a down pipe, and I'm set to go.
    This weekend I'm going into vancouver to check the wreckers out there - no one out here has one ! there $400 bucks new

How's you project comin smuf ?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    hey man, u live in canada. shit bro, there is a 86 hatback lxi relay here in my junkyard if u were near and needed it most, i can get it and send it to you. and i finally got my fuel line out of that same hatchback. it took just almost al hour to take that shit out. damn line wont budge. all i gotta do tomorrow is put it back in, put all the ac, heater and blower in, rewire them get a new intake gasket and i am all set in a day putting things back in. damn, i am gonna finish my car in like 3 days. i love it

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Thanx for the offer but I should be able to find one - if I'm going into the city to find a down pipe I may just get the relay out there too !
    89 efi conversion

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well at looks like th main relay is fine - just that 2 of the wires, one is constant power and the other is ign power or NOT getting power. Not sure why, I've got everything pluged in, all well I'm going to check this alldata program at by buddys work and see if I can't track those t wires down. If all else fails i'll just rig it up .
    I be able to figure it out it is just going to take longer then I wanted. all well shit happens I guess !

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i am sorry for ya bro. Check the ignition fuse in the engine bay. the fuse box has a relay i suppose. its also called as a main fuse i guess. check if all the fuse is fine. the car does not crank at all? or nothing wont happen past II on the inginiton hole right before on?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    no it cranks - its getting spark, just the f'nn pump won't turn on because for some fu**ed up reason those 2 wires are not getting power when there suppsoed to be !
    Also need to get a new sensor for the brake pedal for the brake lights, this plug has 4 connectors my sensor only has 2 connecter
    I'm guessing cause a 4 door has like 4 sets of light, 2 on the trunk 2 on either side. if shit can happen .... well of course it does
    89 efi conversion

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i can get that brake sensor for u or look around the junk yard and get it from a sedan. carotman did a good job in his website about the efi conversion when he said to get the parts from the same car as ours with the year and type. hope everythign works for you bro. i got 2 sedans in the junkyard i go to. hope it helps u out.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    yah !!!! It starts. It turns out one of the wires that run to the main relay were toast from the harness i got from the wrecker.
    Made my own wire and she STARTS, I'm so pumped. This weekend finesh up a couple little things like putting my fuse box back up under the dash.
    Damn it's loud with down pipe ! lol
    89 efi conversion