Thread: Honda Accord 2G brochure

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 HONDA ACCORD 1.6 EX
    ACCORD 3G RUNS FOR EVER

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Re: Honda Accord 2G brochure

4 wheel abs.. head lamp washers... and its an english, not even jdm, brochure..

andy

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

So Honda had two engine sizes available for the 2G. That's some cool stuff you're finding there

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

nice find!!!!

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

apparently they had rear disk setups as well
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Where'd you see the rear disks, I see abs but it seems that all modles had drums on the back to me.

andy

2ndGenGuy

Click on the page that has the ALB on the page. You'll see:

Standing for 4-wheel anti-lock braking, it enables the driver of the EXR increased control in a wide range of braking situations, and in combination with the disc brakes fitter to all wheels, gives you maximum braking efficiency in any conditions.
    I just dont understand why they don't offer this stuff here in the US. I mean wipers on the headlights? Why NOT offer that here? Maybe it was that cars all used sealed beams here at the time, and inserts weren't really standardized yet, hence why we've got them 4656 lamps.

But still even then I don't understand why not offer ABS here and 4-wheel disc. Man if I could get my hands on an EX-R that would be so rad.

2ndGenGuy

Oh and look at the pic of the engine. Check out that weird offset air cleaner box. Does anybody else's look like that? Or do they all have the nut centered? And is it just me, or did they remove all of those nasty vacuum lines and black box? Or do they maybe not have that crap elsewhere? Maybe thats why they claim to get gas mileage in the mid 40's on the freeway at 55mph, something I've never seen.

Ah and those smoked corner lamps look so cool with those flush headlights. Would be sweet to do a conversion to that on a USDM car. Especially with the wipers!
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 03-28-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Vehicle
    85 Accord

Can anyone help me out? i want to know if my accord is a 3g or 2g.

2ndGenGuy

Its a 3gee. Your body style was produced in the U.S. from 86-89. I dunno if in other countries it's different. But I believe your car is actually most likely an 86 or newer.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Oh and look at the pic of the engine. Check out that weird offset air cleaner box. Does anybody else's look like that? Or do they all have the nut centered? And is it just me, or did they remove all of those nasty vacuum lines and black box? Or do they maybe not have that crap elsewhere? Maybe thats why they claim to get gas mileage in the mid 40's on the freeway at 55mph, something I've never seen.
    Ah and those smoked corner lamps look so cool with those flush headlights. Would be sweet to do a conversion to that on a USDM car. Especially with the wipers!

here in malaysia we dont have those black box stuffs. I guess they are for emission? Emission isnt strict here

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 85AccordPete
    Can anyone help me out? i want to know if my accord is a 3g or 2g.

I was reading that in Japan, they release the cars a year earlier than they do here. So I guess that your car could be an 85, and still be a 3gee if it's JDM.

And yeah the black box stuff is for emissions. We don't even have emissions in the county I live in, so I could probably get away with ripping all the crap off. But even with all the info I've found on this site about removing it, I'm still scared I'll be left with a car that just sputters like a mofo and barely runs.