Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free V tech engine

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

Free V tech engine

ok a freind of mine has 3 v-tech engines from japan in crates with trans atached says I can have one they have 20 000 miles on them how much would it cost to do the swap and would it be worth it

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Re: Free V tech engine

its Vtec, there is no tech in Vtec! first off, it depends what engine your friend has. 2nd, you will have to do everything custom. cost will be somewhere around $2000. and to know if its worth it you will have to let us know what engine and transmission it has because without knowing that, we wont know if the engine is worth a crap. if its any engine that is a D code, then no.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

They make single and DOHC VTEC motors. The old-style Odyssey I had used a 2.3 liter SOHC VTEC. More power than the stock 2.0 in my Accord, but hardly worth the expense and effort of a conversion.

They also used smaller VTEC's in Civic SI's, too.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket

if you do get a vtec engine, dont bother to put it in an 3rd generation accord man, youre gonna be wasting alllottt of moeny to find really rare parts for the swap. unless youre creative like some members on here and custom everything.
    Last edited by SteveDX89; 04-05-2006 at 08:28 AM.
    3geez for life.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

well this guy that has them is in his 40 s I used to work for him and he bought a trailer load of engines and sold them he has 3 vtechs left that did not sell and they have been in his garage for about 2 years so that kinda dates them so just going to find out the modles on them and will advise my engine is in good shape with 160000 kms on it so its like new but if i can get 40 or more horse out of one of these motors i will swap them i think they are doch motors

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

ok looks like they are b18c engines

the head alone on a B18C is worth 700 bucks

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5

I hope you guys read the new rules. Newbie bashing is a 3 day ban.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Cut it out. No more bashing.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

b18c1 or b18c5? not like it really matters if you're swapping it into a 3g. both need custom everything. but powerwise, it's nice to know...or are they from the jdm itr? and on a different note, is he in the mood to give away any more?

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

Quote Originally Posted by accorddog
    well this guy that has them is in his 40 s I used to work for him and he bought a trailer load of engines and sold them he has 3 vtechs left that did not sell and they have been in his garage for about 2 years so that kinda dates them so just going to find out the modles on them and will advise my engine is in good shape with 160000 kms on it so its like new but if i can get 40 or more horse out of one of these motors i will swap them i think they are doch motors
    dude. let me just be frank right now. theres no way we can advise you on any sort of swap with out knowing the engine type, condition, or anything. find out what series they are, whether or not they are dual over cam head or not and get some pics and full details of these things.....

dont forget everyone...the D16 from the del sol came with vtec too.....but thats not everyones first choice for a swap.

-Travis-

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 3G Jester
    dude. let me just be frank right now. theres no way we can advise you on any sort of swap with out knowing the engine type, condition, or anything. find out what series they are, whether or not they are dual over cam head or not and get some pics and full details of these things.....

dont forget everyone...the D16 from the del sol came with vtec too.....but thats not everyones first choice for a swap.

he said it was a b18c
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    he said it was a b18c
    it sounded more like speculation to me. i didnt know that was the deffinate conclusion. my bad.

-Travis-

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

Here ya go VTEC anyway not going to do anything with it so if any one wants them cheep can give ya # for guy they have no emisions on them but have the ECU hope I spelt that right just trying to get into this thing sorry that my spelling sucks and in a hurry do all my typing from work

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by accorddog
    Here ya go VTEC anyway not going to do anything with it so if any one wants them cheep can give ya # for guy they have no emisions on them but have the ECU hope I spelt that right just trying to get into this thing sorry that my spelling sucks and in a hurry do all my typing from work

Man I am glad you can take a joke and now you learned something. Welcome to the forum. Hit up Hash_man_Se_i up I think he is looking for a b-series engine right now.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

The guys name is George and his # 604-805-7494 hope that helps

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    Man I am glad you can take a joke and now you learned something. Welcome to the forum. Hit up Hash_man_Se_i up I think he is looking for a b-series engine right now.

we flamed him hard and he stuck to his guns. obviously homeboys got something going. he's cool by me.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

yeah, we were kinda harsh on him. as for the engines, i think that'd be worth looking into if you need the engine. but i dont right now, so hopefully that'll help someone around here out or something.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    '02 Focus

Engine Transmission ECU Alternator Air Conditioning Power Steering Pump Distributor Engine Harness from an Integra Type R from Japan will run about 4,000 to 5,000 US.. In decent condition anyway.. If you can get one for free, do it, and sell it.. Or go and buy a civic/integra and do a swap =).

As far as sticking a B18C into a 3g, although deadly.. I'd hate to have to deal with the customisation to make it work...

But yeah, nobody here could have said answered your question, or given you any advice on the swap without knowing what type of engine it was, if anyone was cruel just let it roll - everyone here is a bunch of kittens..

Enjoy your stay at 3geez.com =)
    Anybody with a pulse and eyesight can get excited looking at $250,000 supercars. It takes a special kind of gearhead to drool over an Accord, Sentra, Corolla or anything else made out of parts found in dumpsters, scrap yards, and along the side of the highway.

Vehicle

indeed. and if you can grab pix, it could be helpful. your george friend might be able to sell one here. and you could see if you couldn't talk him into giving you a little something for commission for helping sell it...and how hard are they to swap into a crx?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx

Yep sounds like to much work for me and the car is mint so I should just be happy with it here is a pic
    Last edited by accorddog; 04-05-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

nice not bad at all

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

oh, it's a dx? then you'd have to convert to efi too if you were going to swap in one of those engines...

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard

man if you didnt live in canada and on the other side of the counry!!!!!1111 id be at your house to csnatch that off your hands!!!!!!! OMG!!!! do you guys even know what the numbers are on the B18c STOCK???? friggin 200 HP!!!
    http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30010

i would so put that motor in my civicv!!!! IT WILL PWN ALL!!! PM me if you are interested in shipping it???????????????
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

It's a laurel blue... pretty
    I was staying off of this thread, because all the flaming was kinda nuts. Nice car, and get them engine numbers

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right