Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM H22A 89 Accord Se-i Sedan Swap Completed & Running!

Vehicle
    89 LXI Coupe "Slighty Modified",,71 Chevelle,, 92 civic cx

Re: Turbo H22 3rd gen...

Quote Originally Posted by H22AccordSE-IV
    Do I sense a little bit of sarcasm?
    No, no sarcasm here I was just thinking about how bitchin it would be to have a 3g witha h22 and still drop 2grand into the motor.
    BTW-It's good to see that you werent bs-ing us like all the other people who claim h22.that is one of the cleanest swap I've ever seen, congrats on that beast of a 3g
    Last edited by B16KILLA; 04-15-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Well at least we know it's goodbye front cross member.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Smile Re: Turbo H22 3rd gen...

Pioneer!?! Wow! Thanks but I don't think I deserve the title; Joe at Altech is the REAL PIONEER. It was only my persistence and determination to get it done, and to find the guy who could get it done, and get it done right (and the fact that Joe couldn't budge me when he tried to convince me to throw in the built-up A20A) that made this dream a reality.
    Thanks for all the praise, guys. I think it's really great that we can all come together and share our mutual love for 3rd gens cuz we all know it's not a car that gets a whole lot of respect. It's been a long journey, but...wait a sec...I think I'm starting to get a little emotional.
    BTW, Dane, that Euro Accord is killer!!! What the hell kind of front end is that? Those lights don't look like anything I've ever seen on a Japanese, Euro or NA 3rd gen front end conversion. Wait a sec...those are just eye brows, right? That looks fu*ckin' tight!!!
    Last edited by H22AccordSE-IV; 04-15-2006 at 12:43 PM.
    An H22 swapped into a 3G Accord is the kind of stuff you only read about in fairy tales.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

I've got video, kids!!! Now can somebody please tell me how the hell to post it?
    An H22 swapped into a 3G Accord is the kind of stuff you only read about in fairy tales.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

I've got video, kids!!! Now can somebody please tell me how the hell to post it?

just sign up for a photobucket account and they will let you host videos also. Congradulations on the swap that is clean and maybe we should move this to your other threads so we can quit thread jacking this one, LOL.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Thanks, LM. I found another one called "Putfile". BTW, that ride of yours is tighter than a virgin. Awesome set up. I envy the condition of your body (car body, that is). Mine needs quite a bit of work. Here are the vids. Fu*kin' sucks that there's no sound. I don't know if it's the digi cam or what but I would have loved for you guys to here this baby roar after 5500 rpm. Not the best quality, but I hope y'all enjoy!!!
    http://media.putfile.com/Engine-Bay-95
    Click here to watch HWY1
    Click here to watch HWY2
    Click here to watch HWY3
    Click here to watch Fly-By-80
    Last edited by H22AccordSE-IV; 04-15-2006 at 01:40 PM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

i'd fab up a tubular front crossmember really quick. if you don't, you'll be busting your axles and differential regularly.

Vehicle

Thanks, LM. I found another one called "Putfile". BTW, that ride of yours is tighter than a virgin. Awesome set up. I envy the condition of your body (car body, that is). Mine needs quite a bit of work. Here are the vids; not the best quality, but I hope y'all enjoy!!!
    http://media.putfile.com/Engine-Bay-95
    Click here to watch HWY1

:edit moved to another thread

Vehicle

Re: JDM H22A 89 Accord Se-i Sedan Swap Completed & Running!

Thanks man, it looks better on film then it does in real life. As for the video there is no noise, just a video. Try getting a shot fo the tach as you are driving. Congradulationas again on the swap.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Hey, Vanilla Sky, very perceptive. Thanks, man. Any idea what something like that would cost to fab up?

LM, I just went to your car domain site and was wondering - does Prothane make a complete bushing kit for our cars or did you have to piece it all together; I imagine that most of the bushings are interchangeable between different Hondas, but do they really offer a complete kit for a 3G? Thanks again.

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

edit........nm.
    Last edited by 3gn86lxi; 04-15-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Honestly, this is a VERY nice job!

They sure look like Avid Civic mounts, no need for the front mount with those. I bet that it was one hell of a job to line up the engine in there like you said. Could you take a picture of the timing belt side mount?. I guess the frame bracket was made from a scratch too.

Again, this thing is VERY nice.

There will be a meet this summer in Toronto, it would be very nice if you could come (I plan to go too).

For that speed limiter, you could just get the ECU chipped to get rid of it. I could do that for you if you want.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle

Hey, Vanilla Sky, very perceptive. Thanks, man. Any idea what something like that would cost to fab up?
    LM, I just went to your car domain site and was wondering - does Prothane make a complete bushing kit for our cars or did you have to piece it all together; I imagine that most of the bushings are interchangeable between different Hondas, but do they really offer a complete kit for a 3G? Thanks again.

Nopi they have alot of bushing items for our cars, just look around. BTW the rear bushing kit listed dosent work, so dont get that.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Wow... I must say I'm damn impressed. Good to see someone actually get this done, and post pics. And a fellow Canadian at that.

Videos dont work for me though.

Vehicle
    BB6 Lude, EG Hatch.

after years and years.... you guys finally happy?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

wow that car is fast...the engine looks nice also...where is your air filter? you dont want 2 grand down the tubes when you drive by a sand lot. that this is a nice sleeper(thats wut i want now) lol yeah for some reason my digital cam does not have sounds on video mode and my friends does and he paid like 150 less...sucks hard

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Thanks again to all you guys.
    Hey, Carot, you get the details on that meet, and I'm there in a heartbeat (no rhyme intended). Yeah, and about chippin' that ECU, I'd love to take you up on that offer. Thanks, man, I would really appreciate it. BTW, I included a pic of the driver's side mount in the pics I've posted earlier in this thread; if you want a better shot, angle, or close-up, let me know what you need to see and I'll get a pic for you, no prob.

G.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

i say this thread should be stickied as a momento and so we have somewhere to point all the future hopefulls who show up with their accord and h22 "all ready to be swapped in, just as soon as we get _________." and do you think you could get the fellow who did it to answer questions on occasion if we asked him? because i know there'll be no shortage of questions now that people see one running.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

you should post how much that cost. i'm betting somewhere in the region of $7500 US isn't too high.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-i HB (traded). Now 96 Civic EX coupe

HOLY SHIT!! that's awesome.

must pull hard!

now you just have to turbo it

oh, and i demand vids with sound and tachs

03 Nissan Maxima 6spd 3.5L -- Daily Driver
    96 Civic Ex-T 210whp/183wtq @ 9.5 psi tuned on Hondata s300 -- Now at 12psi, unknown power
    04 CBR600RR - Sold, and now wrecked. RIP

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

It is, it does, and that's the plan!
    Last edited by H22AccordSE-IV; 04-16-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

ok, that makes me curious. what car was that mount kit made for? if it's something that's easily attainable and only takes a few hours to mod, it might be a worthwhile means of getting the h22 in.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Wink Re: JDM H22A 89 Accord Se-i Sedan Swap Completed & Running!

Well, I'll try to break down the costs for you guys, and this is all in Canadian $, as per my invoice.

H22 Motor, Tranny, & ECU $2,500.00
    Mount Kit (Avid Racing) $500.00
    OBD1 - OBD0 Harness $250.00
    Modify Motor Mounts 10 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $750.00
    Modify Engine Harness 5 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $375.00
    Wiring 6 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $450.00
    Install Shifter 2 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $150.00
    Install Motor 5 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $375.00
    Re & Re Engine Compartment 5 HRS @ $75.00/HR = $375.00

Sub-total $5,725.00
    GST 7.00% 400.75
    PST 8.00% 458.00

Total $6,583.75

Joe saved me the tax on labour, so I was only taxed for parts. So I actually paid $3,737.50 for parts (including taxes), and $2,475.00 for labor (not taxed), bringing it to a total of $6,212.50*.

*This total does not include cost of the passenger side axle which was about $150.00 plus about 1 hour labour for custom fitment.

I also had the engine bay restored and painted which cost me 800 bucks; the corners behind both shock towers, at the firewall, required new metal because they were rusting out. That doesn't include the 70 bucks for towing to the body shop, there and back, that Joe almost forgot to bill me for (damn it!).

Also, keep in mind, the swap prompted me to replace any worn or old parts that would make the car unsafe, given the fact that the car (now almost 20 years old) would have to handle almost double the power of the A20A. I replaced 2 tie-rod ends, 1 front lower ball joint, the master cylinder and brake lines. Joe also suggested I replace the upper control arms on the front end, so I ordered Ingoll's camber kit (not installed yet) since my future plans will include lowering the car. And this is just the beginning of a project that will run deep in modifications to the suspension, brakes, fuel system, etc., and the engine itself. Once you're in this deep, there's no turning back; be prepared to compliment this monster swap with a never ending list of mods and upgrades to your vehicle!

There you have it. I believe every god damn penny was worth it, and I'd do it all over again if I had to!

For anyone currently working on this swap, having it done, or planning to attempt it, I wish you success and all the best...once completed (and running), you won't be sorry - TRUST ME!!!

Peace

G.
    Very proud owner of a JDM H22A '89 Accord Se-iV.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

VS, read the first post in this thread; they are Avid Racing mounts for a 92-95 Civic H22 swap. Keep in mind the brackets for the mounts were fabbed up from scratch.

G.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord POS tranny

glad to see you got that H22 to work in the 3g . i might consider buying a friends H23 engine/tranny and getting a parts car to screw around with until i finally put my car under the knife, but like most people on here, chances are i wont due to plenty of reasons. congratulations on the swap your mechanic did though, and welcome to a flame free world where you can talk about your H22 3g. your one of the very few that will inspire alot of people here