Thread: Seatbelts!

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

Seatbelts!

Ever since I bought my car, my driver and passenger seatbelts have had about a foot of slack in them when they are not being used. So, i searched up on seatbelts and figured out they have a warranty on them. So, i went down to he honda dealer and they told me they weren't on warranty, and they want me to pay $330 CDN for each seatbelt!?!?

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

Re: Seatbelts!

I happen to have a Warranty booklet from 1987 and the following is a quote from it:

Seat Belt Limited Warranty

This warranty is given by Honda to the owner of any 1987 Honda automobile distributed by American Honda, and sold by its authorized dealers in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Time Period
    This warranty continues for the useful life of the car.

Warranty Coverage
    Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any factory-installed seat belt that fails to function properly during normal use, free of charge for parts and labor. All parts replaced under this warranty become the property of Honda.

This Warranty Does Not Cover:
    1) Malfunction due to misuse, alteration, abuse, accidental damage or damage resulting from a collision.
    2) Replacement of a properly functioning seat belt because of cosmetic or comfort reasons

You should be able to get the seat belts replaced under warranty. If you cannot, contact Honda's Customer Service office.

Hope this helps.
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

Vehicle
    87 busted ass hatch

BARGAIN!!! i need to get my 87 civic done then!
    - Justin

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

Thanks for the info, but i am from canada, and i noticed canada wasn't in that warranty information. or does it not really matter?

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

I doubt that Honda would change the warranty conditions for various countries. Canada has safety requirements very similar to those of US, so I'd assume that the seatbelt warranty remains the same. They are after all your only safety device in this particular vehicle. If in doubt, contact Honda's customer service department (perhaps you can find the number through your dealer?). They should be able to shed more light on the pecularities of the warranty.
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

I believe there is actually a recall on all 3rd generation Accords for the seat belts (though it might just be the buckle). You might want to do a search online for Accord recalls. Safety recalls have no time limit to my knowledge.

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

i got the honda canada customer service number (1-888-946-6329)
    and i'll call them tomarrow

Also, when i was at the dealer today the guy said there was a recall on the buckle part, but not the seat belt

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
    I happen to have a Warranty booklet from 1987 and the following is a quote from it:

Seat Belt Limited Warranty

This warranty is given by Honda to the owner of any 1987 Honda automobile distributed by American Honda, and sold by its authorized dealers in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Time Period
    This warranty continues for the useful life of the car.

Warranty Coverage
    Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any factory-installed seat belt that fails to function properly during normal use, free of charge for parts and labor. All parts replaced under this warranty become the property of Honda.

This Warranty Does Not Cover:
    1) Malfunction due to misuse, alteration, abuse, accidental damage or damage resulting from a collision.
    2) Replacement of a properly functioning seat belt because of cosmetic or comfort reasons

You should be able to get the seat belts replaced under warranty. If you cannot, contact Honda's Customer Service office.

Hope this helps.

Any chance you could scan that in for me? I have a feeling the driver seatbelt in my car isn't working quite as it should. Locks up sometimes for no reason, and then doesnt lockup when it should... A scan would make my life easy when bringing it by the local dealer.

Thanks!