Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly Wheel? Racing Clutch?

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5

Re: Fly Wheel? Racing Clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler225
    However, I do find it interesting that below 5252 rpm, torque will always be higher than hp, and above 5252, hp will always be higher....
    Well, that's just how the formula works out.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Coupe

wow, ok. so im starting to rethink about puttin on a lighter flywheel. cause i dont want the torque to go down in numbers, i would love the car to accelerate and be able to go faster on freeway (lol) but i dont want to decrease take off speed!!
    V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

i dont think it decreases any speed, it makes it rev a lot faster.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

lol this thread is cool.

obviously you guys dont need lightened flywheels. if you did you would already have one and be telling us if you like the effects.

i have only driven 50 miles on mine, but i like it so far.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler225
    If you're just looking to go a little faster, the usual bolt-ons should be sufficient for you.
    if you look at my plans for my car, which are basically bolt-ons, not sure if the Weber 38, Cam Regrind, and Port and Polish count but how much faster would i be goin?

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

hell, the cam regrind is far from a bolt-on if you ask me....so is a port and polish. Those are both relatively extensive upgrades. To be honest, I have no clue how much faster you'll be going, but it sounds like you will definitely see a good performance increase.

You want to know who to ask about what sort of gains to expect, A20A1 would be the one to go to. Mike really knows her stuff. You'll need to know some specs on your upgrades though.

Vehicle

wtf man mike is not a HER he is a HIM.

fucking shit this forum somtimes///////

* im jjust bitter cause my head gasket is still leaking, ignore me pls.

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

damn.....now I'm really confused lol.....someone refered to him as a girl in the Marketplace feedback forum. His sig also made me wonder.

hey no biggie....Hell, when I thought Mike was a girl I was even more impressed by how much he knew about this stuff.
    Last edited by Whistler225; 05-09-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by 89AccordLXI666
    I am happy to say that A20A1 is a great person to buy stuff from. She is very nice, helpful and has great deals. Not to mention the product was quickly shipped to my house with in a matter of 2-3days and that's awesome. I would highly recommend people to buy from her, I know I will definitly do business with her sometime in the future. She is also a very trust worthy girl, so you don't ever have to worry about her ripping you off.... She's the best... definitly a great gal... Thanks MIke... Lataz
    :super: .

Vehicle

ok so hes fucking wrong too.... lol...

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

lol....figures

SEi User

would be funny if it were true maybe it is who knows? Hey Mike which way you swinging these days ;0)
    Anyways
    At least your doing this right, no point doing your mods by themselves, you get the most benefit and cost saving from doing them all at once as you will only have to pay once to get the carb tuned!!

With Headers, Exhaust, flowed head with a little skimmed off and inlet manifold matched, Re-jetted Weber 38/38, stage 2 camshaft from Colt, revamped ignition. Do you have Cat or no Cat?

With Cat i'd estimate to be around 130-140bhp roughly (depends on quality of headwork)
    Without Cat i'd estimate to be around 140-150bhp roughly (depends on quality of headwork)

Next mod to be worth doing would be new Honda A20A3/4 pistons with some quality rings gapped by hand, wiht the higher CR and better compression from the new rings and smaller ring end gaps expect to see around 10bhp on top.

Next mod Twin Weber 45's expect to see 180-200bhp.

Next mod Big valve conversion more headwork bigger camshaft 210-230bhp

First 150bhp is relatively cheap after that bills start getting more and more expensive 7 years of Research and blowing engines up and re-building has cost me well in excess of 5 figures and thats in pounds not dollars!! Now ii've run out of reseraching power gains on ET/A20 series i'm playing around with B20A's which is looking even more promising although a lot of lessons learned on ET/A20 have been carried over to modding B20A!! So can't wait to try a new flowed head with bigger valves on B20A it's gonna fly baby!!

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX-I Hatch JHM

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    the clutchnet dual diaphram pressure plate and 6 puck sprung hub will handle anything you can throw at it... and i mean ANYTHING. I run that clutch with an 8lb aasco aluminum flywheel and love that combo. If you want the car to be streetable get the sprung hub, the unsprung hub is a bitch to drive, i hated mine. Clutchnet>*
    Have you used this setup with a different flywheel?