Thread: Anybody ever tried an eBay Monza exhaust?

Vehicle
    1990 Honda CB7 Coupe, 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Anybody ever tried an eBay Monza exhaust?

Anybody ever tried the catback system? How good is it? Also any pics, because different auctions show completely different pics (stock photos). Is it a single or dual outlet? Thanks.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. Can't remember where I read that. -- maxsideburn

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Re: Anybody ever tried an eBay Monza exhaust?

I have one, It is manufactured by the same company that makes pacesetter. It is a single outlet, It sounds alright a little raspy at times. It is good for the piping since you can install it yourself and change the muffler later if you want.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

I have it on my car and i have pics on my cardomain.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

The piping is great.... If its cheap enough buy it... but lose the muffler and get something on there that is less restrictive.. this topic has been covered numerous times.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by EricW
    I have one, It is manufactured by the same company that makes pacesetter. It is a single outlet, It sounds alright a little raspy at times. It is good for the piping since you can install it yourself and change the muffler later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    The piping is great.... If its cheap enough buy it... but lose the muffler and get something on there that is less restrictive.. this topic has been covered numerous times.
    Agreed

The pacesetter exhaust is mandrel bent and is better than most shops charge for crush bent which around here runs about 150. I actually have had my pacesetter tubing on my car for ten years now and it hasnt rusted off. Of course in ten years I think I only put like 35,000 miles on it though.

I chucked the pacesetter muffler before I even mounted it to the car and sold it to a guy for like 50 bucks for his SAPITA (ae86). I then bought a good muffler, a REMUS dual tip and added a resonator to the exhaust.

OH and for those of you who didnt know back in the day (mid 90,s to be exact) DC sports made an exhaust system for our cars. The made a short trial run and never made them again. I tried and tried back then to find one but was pretty hopeless.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

OH and for those of you who didnt know back in the day (mid 90,s to be exact) DC sports made an exhaust system for our cars. The made a short trial run and never made them again. I tried and tried back then to find one but was pretty hopeless.
    too bad someone couldn't convince them to try it again. i bet dc sports would have a marketably viable product if they started selling parts for our cars again because many of the civics/crxs from our era are getting bought up and so kids are now turning to the 3g for whatever reason and are willing to drop quick money into them.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    too bad someone couldn't convince them to try it again. i bet dc sports would have a marketably viable product if they started selling parts for our cars again because many of the civics/crxs from our era are getting bought up and so kids are now turning to the 3g for whatever reason and are willing to drop quick money into them.
    Not to many people on the board are gonna dump 500 on an exhaust

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5

My DC Sports header has more rust than my Pacesetter piping. You be the judge as far as quality.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe LXi

What's wrong with the pacesetter mufflers? I'm really really sick of my Tenzo can and I'm looking for something new. Pacesetter seems like the easiest way to go.
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, Tenzo Type II Titanium Exhaust, KYB GR-2 Struts, 2 JL 10's, New Polor White Paint Job, Accel Super Stock Coil, Boss 318 Black Chrome 17x8 Rims, 215-40-17 Ziex

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

If you have a basically stock motor then the pacesetter muffler is fine on there, if you have more engine work done then you need a muffler with better flow, the pacesetter muffler sounds like ass with the more mods you have, thats the problem im running into. I think im going to put on a better muffler and maybe a dual exhaust system.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe LXi

Only mods I'll have is header, cold air intake, coil, and adjustable cam gear. That should be fine then?
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, Tenzo Type II Titanium Exhaust, KYB GR-2 Struts, 2 JL 10's, New Polor White Paint Job, Accel Super Stock Coil, Boss 318 Black Chrome 17x8 Rims, 215-40-17 Ziex

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

You will need a different muffler if you get all of that.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

has anyone gotten any Monza Exhaust do they sound really ricey? That's kinda what I wanna get just to spite all my family lol :P.