Thread: KMS Engine Development

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

KMS Engine Development

hey has anyone bought anything for KMS? The website is www.honda-performance.com. It's a sweet website with lots of stuff. I called them up they have stuff for A20s. I'm going to get a headkit and some forged A4 pistons for my turbo'd set up. I'm wanting to push 20psi in it through my Weber 38 and well, everyone knows my setup. So yeah thoughts anyone.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Re: KMS Engine Development

with 20 PSI, you'll need one hell of a stout block, and more fuel than the weber can easily handle. go DCOE or EFI.

and i heard from someone else on here that KMS owes a lot of people a lot of money and a lot of parts. you might want to talk to them before you send any money to KMS.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky
    with 20 PSI, you'll need one hell of a stout block, and more fuel than the weber can easily handle. go DCOE or EFI.
    and i heard from someone else on here that KMS owes a lot of people a lot of money and a lot of parts. you might want to talk to them before you send any money to KMS.

well what could i push with a weber 38? 15psi?

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

I think the best you can do with webers would be 8psi max.
    You really need to do your research on turbo setups and blowthrough setups.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

my advice: dont run turbo.

no offense bro but u thought the turbo is attached to the intake manifold in your other post. i respect the fact that you are looking into performance and boosting over body kits and wings, but you have a lot more research to do and a much more solid plan than buying pistons so you can run 20psi. even with an EFI setup you need SERIOUS SERIOUS tuning to consider 20psi, especially if you plan on doing this with stock CR. and even more so if you plan on doing it with a basically stock motor.

edit: ok i will be more specific:

what do you plan on running for plugs, for fuel pump, do you plan on upgrading your fuel lines or getting adjustable fuel pressure regulator? are you running stock carb now, do you already have webber 38 and know how to tune it? from what I have gathered on this forum they are a bitch to tune even NA.

how do you plan on handling spark in this setup? BTM? also, do you know which turbo you plan on using to run 20psi on your car. what cam are you planning on using if other than stock? do you want huge topend or a repsonsive turbo, how are you planning on finding a responsive turbo that is in its efficiency range at 20psi. most people other than crazy people like jason and me want small quick spooling turbos. personally i want topend at any cost so im gonig to go with a turbo that many would consider to be too big. but it will haul ass at 20psi at 8000 rpm. . also are you planning on going intercooled with fmic, or using a cheap sidemount? what style manifold are you planning on running, what is your plan with the downpipe/front motor mount/front crossmember?

there is just a lot more to consider than i feel like you have thought about, so i would be really hesitant to spend any money until you have a more solid plan. im not trying to talk u out of it, because this really would be a cool setup if/when it comes together. i just want you to think about it more carefully and get an awesome plan of attack before you drop $$$ on it.

good luck man... we are happy to provide advice when you have specific questions. its hard to make decisions for u though, cause most of us wil just say efi swap then boost. hehe
    Last edited by bobafett; 06-08-2006 at 09:06 AM.