Thread: Got a Goody

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Got a Goody

well most of you all knoe that i blew the headgasket like a month ago...well i had the car for 2 weeks and it runs great...but it start to overheat...but that is later.

no valve cover, air cleaner.

yup i bet i got the super RARE ionized DC sturt bar... i have not bolted it on cuz of the air cleaner...which is going to be gooing bye bye when i go F/I
    the guy i got it from said that he had a 89 LXI with that sturt bar, DC headers, lowering springs, momo stearing wheel with hub...he parked it at his mothers house after blowing an engine and she got it towed away...so i bet that DC header is in a junkyard rusting away...

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Re: Got a Goody

Looks good Messy
    Keep up the good work

What brand of ignition wire are you running

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

so you gona have that thing runing by the 24th

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 89cordlxi
    Looks good Messy
    Keep up the good work
    What brand of ignition wire are you running
    They are Accel 8mm wires...i got them on ebay and it did not bring the coil wire...so i wont recomend them

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    so you gona have that thing runing by the 24th
    well i was talking to my uncle and he said that it could be a cloged radiator...cuz it only heats up in trafic. but on the freeway its fine...il see if it can make it. i got to see if im working first...

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

What did you do with my old A20A3 that i gave you?
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

well i was talking to my uncle and he said that it could be a cloged radiator...cuz it only heats up in trafic. but on the freeway its fine...
    ha, my car has the same exact problem. fine as long as i'm moving more than 10, but if i'm in traffic or i idle, it goes hot. and your car is looking good there.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD
    What did you do with my old A20A3 that i gave you?
    its at my uncles garage...im thinking of going EFI(so change out the camshaft, cam gear,valve cover, and the intake, im going to the junk yard the 16th sicne its half off to see how much the convertion will cost me. i need to get it done soon since school starts july 10th.... i was checking around and some lady didnt want to take 250 for a LX-i(130k) that did not run...kinda mad since i dont have all the money in the world...

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

How much did you pay for the strut bar?

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

Wow, nice find!
    Where?

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket

yohhh, that's sick.
    3geez for life.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Coupe

lovin the bar, and the valve cover, how was the valve cover done?? thanks!
    V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLe xOx BitT
    How much did you pay for the strut bar?
    lets just put it this way...LESS than you..HAHAHA yeah i knoe im mean...lol N KRAYZY i took it off and sanded it down with 400 grit and hit it with some 500F duplicolor paint...it came out nice but some ppl said i should of striped the old paint off since my uncle mest it up on the side and you can see the old color bleading threw...this guy had a 89 accord lxi that blew up his A20 and he did not need it no more. he also said he had some DC headers, lowering springs , momo stearing wheel and hub. il give him a call some day.
    Last edited by MessyHonda; 06-12-2006 at 06:39 PM.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Coupe

good to know. thanks!
    V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi (sold) / b20a equipped 89 accord coupe sei(2.0Si replica) 08 CBR 600RR SPECIAL EDITION / Me and my wifes 02 Civic Coupe EX, she can drive like a mutha f**ka / 92 civic hatch vx(beast in the works)new DD 05 civic lx( has A/C YES!!!!)

hey man my car had the exact same problem, i replaced the gasket, got the head reworked, changed the water pump, all hoses and flushed the radiator. but it still overheated in traffic. replaced a bunch of other shit and no luck. finally i found out what was wrong and it was so simple. my thermostat was bad and the tempurature sensor fan switch. actually 95% of the problem was the switch. you see you can replace everything and think it is perfeect but if your fan does not come on your screwed. so i basically rebiult the top end and cooling system for nothing but it is worth it. start you car and let it fully warm up, if your fan does NOT come on, you can easly check the sensor by unplugging it from the bottom of the radiator. make a jumper wire and conect the two wires inside the plug. turn your ignition switch on to ignition. your fan should come on as soon as you turn the key. if it does turn on then the sensor screwed into the radiator needs to be replaced. if the fan does not come on. then unplug the harness conector that plugs directly into the fan and take some wire and wire it directly to the battery. if the fan comes on like that but not when you jumped the sensor harness the problem is most likly the fan switch relay in the fuse box or there is some part of the harness that is defective between the fuse box and the sensor/fan harness plug ends. if the fan does not turn on like that then the problem is simply replace the fan. i would recomend changing the thermostat while your at it just to be sure that it works properly. also, sometimes the tempurature sensor terminal on the thermostat housing can get coroded and give false readings. it is a single wire that is a round female to male connector. unplug it and ground it out to a chassis ground. turn the ignition on, if your temp gauge goes all the way to H, the sensor could be failing. well i hope this helps.
    3gmodifier(aka)JDM WHORE!

"IF YOUR CAR HAS A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM"

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    ha, my car has the same exact problem. fine as long as i'm moving more than 10, but if i'm in traffic or i idle, it goes hot. and your car is looking good there.
    my ride also has this problem.. mine is caused by the fact that the radiator fan doesn't turn on

you should get it fixed cause it caused my head gasket to start leaking after it got too hot one too many times and now my car won't smog

edit: looks like 3geemodifier covered this already haha

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Same problem here I replaced everything in the cooling system except for the radiator and it still overheated, fans never came on, finally found out that the fan switch I got from Napa went bad after only being in there 2 months

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by frantik
    my ride also has this problem.. mine is caused by the fact that the radiator fan doesn't turn on

you should get it fixed cause it caused my head gasket to start leaking after it got too hot one too many times and now my car won't smog

edit: looks like 3geemodifier covered this already haha
    hehe i still cant smog..i got the permit for this month...it runs way to rich..you can die just standing next to it...and it makes me look bad...this gril from school was like does it still smoke? and i was like naw thats just my tires from all that 98hp

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned