Thread: Blinker Relay...

2ndGenGuy

Blinker Relay...

I've replaced all my exterior lighting (except headlights) with LED bulbs. As expected, my blinkers are now hyper blinkers. It's driving me crazy. I've found kits to put a load on the blinker circuit, but I like the fact that my lights don't add any load to the electrical system.

I found some electronic blinkers that are on a timer-based switch instead of a load-based switching relay. I'm at work right now, so I can't look it up, but I was wondering if anybody knew if it was a 3-pin relay?

Would a relay like this work in our cars for the blinkers?

L=Load
    B=12V IN
    E=Ground

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Re: Blinker Relay...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    I've replaced all my exterior lighting (except headlights) with LED bulbs. As expected, my blinkers are now hyper blinkers. It's driving me crazy. I've found kits to put a load on the blinker circuit, but I like the fact that my lights don't add any load to the electrical system.
    I found some electronic blinkers that are on a timer-based switch instead of a load-based switching relay. I'm at work right now, so I can't look it up, but I was wondering if anybody knew if it was a 3-pin relay?
    Would a relay like this work in our cars for the blinkers?

L=Load
    B=12V IN
    E=Ground

Well Heres some info on the Relay in your car:

Part #26 on this Diagram is your Turn Signal Relay
    38300-SE3-004 RELAY ASSY., TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD (166500-0060) (DENSO) $5.37
    or
    38300-SE3-003 RELAY ASSY., TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD (FR-3309) (MITSUBA) $5.37

ACDELCO Part # E1747A
    RELAY,EMER VEH RR LP 38320-SA5-003 {#89057572}.

Sadly I Can't find a pin out

but based on the Multi Purp Relays it Might be that pin out:
    Last edited by forrest89sei; 06-25-2006 at 08:32 PM.
    2004-2011?

2ndGenGuy

Re: Blinker Relay...

Cool, thanks for the detailed information! Thats fantastic! I'm going to order the one I've shown there. The one in the manual shows that there are in fact 3 pins for it. I'm going to buy the electronic blinker from superbrightleds.com and just see how it works. I'll just play with it and if I blow a fuse or two, then whatever. I'll post and update and let you know how it works.

It will be nice to not have that hyper fast blinking signal, but still have LED lights. They look nice, and I like how they don't have quick warm up or cool down of the incandescant bulbs. Plus the LEDs take all the load off of the electrical system.