Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My suspension thread

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Re: My suspention thread

Quote Originally Posted by bryan6732 View Post
    @Legend_Master: In your 11" rotor and type-R caliper thread the last post is there are no washers needed. Is this for Corrado rotors? If yes, that would be great. I can get those rotors (Brembo things) and Prelude VTI calipers practically for really cheap.

The only difference of those rotors I saw in the specs is that these are only 40mm high. Is this the correct size? Cause I can't find any specs on Legend rotors!
    No, the corrado rotors will not fit on the accord spindle. The inner diameter of the rotor is to small and will not go on to spindle. The washer that were discussed were for the type R caliper to fit on the Accord hub. When I first started the build I was told to space them out, but that was unnecessary.
    Last edited by Legend_master; 05-26-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master View Post
    No, the corrado rotors will not fit on the accord spindle. The inner diameter of the rotor is to small and will not go on to spindle. The washer that were discussed were for the type R caliper to fit on the Accord hub. When I first started the build I was told to space them out, but that was unnecessary.
    Okay, guess I missed that part... Thanks for the info!

But on the other hand, with a hub from some other car it would work with the Corrado rotor right? But probably gonna be easier to find a set of Legend rotors then.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan6732 View Post
    Okay, guess I missed that part... Thanks for the info!

But on the other hand, with a hub from some other car it would work with the Corrado rotor right? But probably gonna be easier to find a set of Legend rotors then.
    Well technically if you found a spindle that was identical to the accord, except 1/8 thinner on the diameter then yes. Best bet is the legend rotor.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Re: My suspension thread

I'm working on the Corrado conversion for my 2g Prelude. The Corrado rotors have a lower offset than typical Honda rotors so the caliper has to be spaced out a lot. And as LegendMaster said they won't fit on the Accord spindle. The 2g Preludes use the smaller spindle like on the DX Civics so the Corrado rotors still fit. I have looked into various spindle swaps but in general the spindle/bearing/knuckle combinations tend to be unique so swapping is usually not possible unless you can swap an entire knuckle assembly. But even then you may have to deal with different axle/spline sizes. It's a minefield.

C|

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Re: My suspension thread

Oh hey legend, thought i would let you know they changed the part number for the Shock Absorber bushing kit to 409+0008.