Thread: Legend Rear Disk Brakes

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Legend Rear Disk Brakes

I Have taken this from antoher thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CASH24
    I installed the legend rear suspension on my lx-i. I used the whole rear knuckles, rotors, calipers, and rear trailing arm. I just wanted to experiment and see if it would fit and to my suprise it worked after some custom work. Originally I just purchased the entire knuckles and tried to swap it in, but the bolts on the knuckles were spaced a little further then the LX-i trailing arm. So I went back to the J/Y and grab the trailing arms from the legend. The trailing arms from the legend didn't match up where it mounts to the body so I had to redrill the holes in the legend trailing arm (side that attaches to the body) and then I was able to mount it along with the knuckles. My stock Lx-i rims wouldn't mount because of the different lug pattern but I had 17" rims w/ a universal bolt pattern. The legend rear suspension raised the rear up a little, but I had GC coilovers so I just adjusted the rears and lowered to match the front. I never got around to matching the lug pattern of the front and rear (I wanted either all 4x100 or 4x114) because I was deployed to Iraq. When I got back I blew the tranny and had enough so I bought a GSR and sent the accord to the j/y. I know don't hate me for doing that. But I just wanted to share my experiences with the Legend rear suspension. Hope this helps you guys out and if not sorry for wasting your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    I have talked about swapping in the 88-89 rear suspension off a legend for years and was hoping someone would try it.

So other than where the trailing arm bolted to the body everything else matched up? Did you use the legend or accord strut? I was thinking if you used the legend srut that might have played into the car being higher. Maybe using the accord spring in the legend schocks might have brought it down also if the issue was the accord strut wouldnt fit right on the legend rear hub.

Anymore info you can remember?

Was the ebrake cable an issue?

I know the legend rear calipers use a pad that is almost twice as big as he sei or the civic/integra calipers. Plus the rotor is a little larger also with alot more pad surface area of course.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smufguy
    Offtopic: The 1g Legend came with two dfferent Rear suspension designs. One was a coilover and the other is not.

Correct
    the 86-87 Legned use a spring perch with shock mounted on the trailing arms while the 88-89 Lagends Use a rear strut assembly. The 88-89 Legend rear suspension is the one which almost mirrors the accord sei rear suspension. except of course without the bigger caliper and rotor combo.

I'm pretty sure you can swap out the caliper and rotor from the 88-89 Legend and slap it on an sei leaving us with bigger rear brakes.

The front calipers are the same as the 88-89 accords though and I think they might use a larger rotor though thna the Accord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    To correct you a little on the legend suspention some of the 88 models had the non coilover design and some did not. Also the non coilover design was only on the sedan, all the coups had coilovers designed suspention. The rear legend rotors are 10.2" or something and I agree that the calipers prob just bolt right on. I want to know what CASH24 used for bushings since he redrilled the controle arm and I am also curiose on what ebrake cable he used.
    Last edited by Legend_master; 07-03-2006 at 02:16 PM.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Re: Legend Rear Disk Brakes

Well, if it raises the rear end, it's not a bolt-on option since there are just a few people with adjustable coilover setups. I'm sure something can be worked out to use bigger rear rotors for cheap.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 ACCORD LXI

Sorry about posting on the Group buy thread, I just read someone talking about the Legend Rear and wanted to share my experiences. Anywho I used the e-brake cable from the Legend also. That was a pain though because none of the brackets lined up with the holes in the Accord, but I just had to take them off and position them on the cable where I needed them. I think it just barely fit too, from what I can remeber, but they worked.
    As for the bushings I used the stock Legend one. The accrord bushing was alot smaller so I figured I would go with the Legend one. Where it mounts under the body was a tight fit, I think I had to make a little more room (not much) for the larger bushing, but that was accomplished with my trusty mallet.
    As for the struts I used the accord ones since I had tokico blues and GC coilovers. It only raised maybe 1/2 inch if that, and you probably wouldn't even notice, but I noticed cuz before I couldn't even fit one finger b/t the wheel and fender, but after the Legend brakes I could fit one finger.
    I used the 88-89 legend the one that mirrors the Se-i suspension, after I heard someone on this forum talk out it (I did this like 2 years ago). I searched for SE-i brkes for years and never found them so I finally said screw it and got the Legend brakes to see if it would work. Overall I was pretty happy except for the different lug paterns.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Did you measure the suspension pieces at all to see where the differences came in? I know I tried to use the legend caliper on my hatch but they would not fit without making another braket for me since I already have the AEm big brake kit for the rear.

So you used the Legend trailing arm with the knuckle, ebrake cable and the struts from an accord correct?

Also which of the toe arms did you use the Accord or the Legends?

I remember when i tried the Legend calipers on my car was about 2 years ago and I was telling everyone that would read it about the Legend and to try it out to se if it would fit. I'm glad you actually did try it and found out for us.

I think You would have to go with the 86-87 Legend prop valve because the 88-89 came with anti lock brakes and hence no prop valve.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 ACCORD LXI

So you used the Legend trailing arm with the knuckle, ebrake cable and the struts from an accord correct?
    Also which of the toe arms did you use the Accord or the Legends?
    yup that's what I used, and everything else, including toe arms were from the accord. The toe arms might have made a difference in the little height issue but I was trying to use the least amount of parts from the Legend b/c I was short on cash.

I remember when i tried the Legend calipers on my car was about 2 years ago and I was telling everyone that would read it about the Legend and to try it out to se if it would fit. I'm glad you actually did try it and found out for us.
    Yeah I think you are the one that motivated me to try it. lol I had read your article and the next day I was at the j/y and there was a legend and it was 50% day so I was like what the hell.
    The ones I got had the ABS wheel sensors and I think I took them off, but can't really remember. But they worked with my stock LX-i prop. valve.