Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need suggestions on how to get a working e-brake on this setup

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

Re: Need suggestions on how to get a working e-brake on this setup

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane
    But I'm lazy and I dont remember it if I've already read it
    then only post if you know, this is kind of a concern for me right now.

What about rear calipers off of another car? Does anything bolt up? Its impossible to find SEI's around here, checked all the yards

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

ok so I read through your other thread (AGAIN i now remember) and I still cant find anything about hydraulic ebrake not being an option.

Do you have some kind of regulations where you live saying that the ebrake must be mechanical or what's the problem?

Some FWD cars have mechanical ebrake on the front calibers btw.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

Here's something I came across recently: http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/reviews/parking_brake/

It mounts on the driveshaft, but a similar idea could be applied to your's too with a mechanical setup. I doubt you'd be able to use an aftermarket kit though. Hope this helps.
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

It doesnt really matter HOW I do it, just need a functional ebrake. And with this slave hydraulic system, im not understanding how you are suggesting to do it. The calipers have 1 line going into it, 1 bolt around that round brake line thing. If there is another hydraulic system added, how would the pressure be regulated so the slave and the master hydraulic system do not go together. What if the hydraulics fail, how do I stop? This is really my only concern at the moment. "Emergency" brake

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

hmm, im not sure how that other system would work on the kart, and I would reather prefer 2 completely independant braking systems, so if the hydraulics DO go out I can still stop without dying. I dont have calipers infront of me, but is there a visible part of the pad on either side? If there were, could I use a "C" clamp kinda thing that would be touching either outside end of the pad, and when you pull a cable itll squeeze the C together?

EDIT: What about if I modified the calipers so you could see part of the pad if there isnt a visible part? 1/2" hole would be good through the caliper, then put the C-clamp like thing on there.
    Last edited by FyreDaug; 07-13-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Vehicle

so you want an actual emergency brake, i figured you just wanted a plain parking brake.
    Well, you already have an emergency brake, that's the reason why there's 2 hydraulic circuits in the master cylinder. If 1 circuit goes out you will still have the other circuit working. And you then normally connect the wheels diagonally in a pair with the two circuits, to get the most safe braking when using only 1 circuit.

With the hydraulic brake you just T into the factory brake lines with T adapters.

Link to my 3geez garage

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

T into the lines yeah, but that will also put pressure to the front, and if I put them on both rear brakes, wouldnt that essentially allow the 2 main circuits to be all one (including this one)

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

i know about the rear drive, just use the calipers from the teg on the front accord hub. If it doesent bolt up make an adapter plate. i have the rear end of a 92 teg and 2 accord front ends i will take a look when i get home and see how hard it would be to set up. If it looks the same as what i think it shouldent be to much of a problem. the other thing you could do is put a disk on one of the axles like the old trucks had, use a caliper off an old honda odyssey dune buggy and just get a cable made at a hardware store
    Last edited by EX-ileAccord; 07-13-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug
    T into the lines yeah, but that will also put pressure to the front, and if I put them on both rear brakes, wouldnt that essentially allow the 2 main circuits to be all one (including this one)
    I never looked any deeper into the excact way of setting this up but I know that a lot of the rallye/autox drivers around here uses that kind of setup. I'm sure you can find a lot of info/guides about it if you search the web. So yea, search

Link to my 3geez garage

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

I have been, coming here was kinda a last hope (no offence to anyone though, ive got some new info thats for sure) and I havent come up with stuff, not many people play around with older accords so this site is pretty much where its found at. Im gonna see what I can do, also let me know how that 92 teg stuff matches up

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

i have seen twin piston fixed caliper units on display at lordco with a built in cam and linkage for a mechanical park brake. If you make your own mounting bracket (a flat piece of plate with a few holes in the right places) you can use these on the rear. In BC, Line-Loc systems are not a legal parking brake, I imagine it's the same in Alberta. As well, single circuit hydraulic brake systems have been illegal since the '60's. You want to keep the dual circuits seperate.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle

I had a look at the parts last night and i think its going to work. I'm going to try to put it together tonight to see what happens. the only thing that might be a proplem are the disks. I'll let you know how it goes.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

Quote Originally Posted by EX-ileAccord
    I had a look at the parts last night and i think its going to work. I'm going to try to put it together tonight to see what happens. the only thing that might be a proplem are the disks. I'll let you know how it goes.
    yeah please keep my posted as soon as you can

(saskatoon is in saskatchewan btw)

Vehicle

it will deff work with the teg set up. you will have to rig up a few things tho. Give me a couple of days to get some pics up and I'll show you what i did.