Thread: Quick Intake Question

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

Quick Intake Question

Alright is the intake manifold off a Prelude all I need to get my dual carb setup? I found a whole a mostly complete prelude that's carb'd what all do I need?

Vehicle
    86 Honda prelude si

Re: Quick Intake Question

I'm not sure what you need, but i have a carb'd prelude that I'm parting out. Once you find out make me some offers and I'll send you what's needed.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

No, to have dual carbs from the prelude on an A20 you have a few ways you can go:

1) Swap on a Prelude Cylinder head and use the dual carb manifold that came with it.

2) Make a custom dual carb manifold For the A20

3) Forget the prelude carbs, they are too small... get a custom manifold for the A20 and performance carbs.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)
    alright can someone get that link to the PGM-FI convertion? Or if someone could just whip out a quick list of what you need there's several LX-i's at the junkyard so whatever if that link is around can someone get it? thanks.

i want to turbo it and i know that i can get more out of the turbo with PGM-Fi than what i could get out of a carb. if anyone can get that article that'd be sweet i'm going to the junkyard tommarow so I need that list!

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T
    dude just put a damn weber on there, and it will a lot easier than converting to efi, and prolly cheaper?

just get a comlete a20a3 engine and swap that in. youll have more power too, cause of the block.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

yes you could get more power... but unless you make 300+ hp don't bother. stick with the carb and turbo.

well A20A3 block aside... the power is from higher compression pistons 9.3:1 CR... one thing is that they tend to lower the compression to run turbo. So the 9.1:1 CR A20A1 pistons will do fine... till something breaks.

Oh and to run draw-tru you don't need the prelude intake manifold.
    use the stock manifold and run the pipes from the turbo to the manifold.

The carb only needs a 90 degree elbow if its a downdraft carb... or a straight piece of pipe if its a sidedraft to hook it to the trubo.
    - llia