Thread: Heater Core??

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Heater Core??

1st off - I have an 87 dx.

The problem - After replacing the radiator (someone had jb welded it, didn't work too well), then the bypass inlet hose, then the water pump (feels like coolant dominoes). Now there's water leaking from somwhere near the firewall when I try to start the engine. Is it possibly the heater core or is it something worse? I can't see where it's coming from too well really (seeing as I'm sizable and under the car isn't)

DX User

Re: Heater Core??

If the water is leaking onto the ground and it's clear, it's probably from the air conditioner (that would be normal behavior when using the air conditioner). If it's antifreeze, then probably the heater core.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lxi

Check to see if you get low anti freeze if your not then its is your air condisnor (however you spell that) if it is leaking around your firewall the heater core as 2 hoses that come from it one goes to somewhere maybe on the head? not sure and the other runs out and goes to a lever like 2 inches out that opens and closes the antifreeze lines for when you want cold or hot air and then it runs on out to somewhere else... but that little 2 or 3 inch elbow there might be cracked or leaking i replaced mine about 1 month ago because it was spraying antifreeze out of a little tiny hole cost like 16 bucks for the stupid little thing

Vehicle
    1998 Honda Civic Dx Hatchback

If its your heater core thats busted then you would notice leakage inside the car on the passenger side feet rest.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lx ,2006 accord se 2.4l i-vtec 166 hp 5spd

and if it is wet inside but not smell like anti freeze check to make sure the drain tube is plugged in mine goes from the bottom inside to outside.
    pic's of project at my homepage: home.earthlink.net/~andyk65