Thread: AC Delay Control Unit?

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXi

AC Delay Control Unit?

Hey all, I'm trying to locate the delay control unit under the dash on the passenger side. I have went through testing the clutch as directed by the the shop manual on page 23-4. I get the clutch to engage on test 5, which then directs me to test the delay control unit which I cannot find. In looking at the picture in the manual on 23-23 of the delay control unit, I can find nothing under there that resembles what the picture shows. It shows that it should be just to the right of the blower, but there is nothing. I just bought the car so maybe it's missing for some reason, but I also can't find a loose connector anywhere either. This is on an 89 LXi. Any help/pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Re: AC Delay Control Unit?

The thing I hear click on an off when the AC cycles sounds nearer the heat/AC fan switch area. I dont know what it looks like or where it is .

wp

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXi

Re: AC Delay Control Unit?

In testing some more today, I've found that the first test where I ground the pressure switch does in fact engage the clutch, but only momentarily...clicks on then off in less than a second. Does anyone know if this is normal when doing this test? I'm thinking that the delay unit must be disengaging the clutch right away.