Thread: loss of power after full tune up... PLEASE HELP!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988/honda/accord lx

loss of power after full tune up... PLEASE HELP!!

So thank you to everyone that was helping me before, I was performing a full tune up on my accord when everything was going wrong during the process, ha-ha. After completing the entire tune up last night, I took it for test drive and it seemed to bog under in low rpm's when I accelerated, but it's not really THAT bad. The bog is noticable in first gear, not so bad in second gear, and I can barely feel it in third gear, after that I don't feel it at all. It wasn't like this before the tune up, I feel less power throughout also, I don’t know what the problem is.

Some possible things I could think of are:
    - Part of a broken pcv valve in the pcv hose
    - Painted the distributor cap
    - As before the tune up, I can take off the first two spark plugs and there is no change in idle
    - I discovered that I have a vacuum leak due to old gaskets on the carb and intake manifold

Can anyone please help, I’ve been trying to get jobs but have been stuck without transportation for over a week now... PLEASE HELP! Thank you everyone, for helping me out, thank you all very much.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Re: loss of power after full tune up... PLEASE HELP!!

Fix the vaccum leak first, vaccum leaks kill carbs, also anything associated with vaccum. Which is practicly all of your engine.

You can't tune a carb properly if there is a vaccum leak.

As long an you didn't paint any of the contacts on the distributor cap you should be fine.

Also the paint used should be non-conductive.
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988/honda/accord lx

those are tha only leaks that i've found, ive already went through a can of carb cleaner searching for tha leaks and have found that it's on tha carb and intake manifold...

do you know if krylon fusion is non-conductive or not? cause i dont haha...

does that half of a pcv valve in tha pcv hose have anything ta do wit anything?...

and what about that spark plug question? how come i can take off tha first two plug wires off tha plugs and nothing happens?...

after i fix these couple problems, my 3G'll be runnin like a champ, please help... thanks ta everybody that helps... thanks everybody

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

is the valve good? Thats all that matters... and that it makes a tight seal.

I don't know about your spark plugs... maybe it has something to do with your cap and rotor.

Fix the leak first, you said you know where it is.
    - llia