Thread: prelude?

prelude?

I was looking at a parts car 3g and saw a prelude sitting there, with the flip up lights. Im assuming same age. Will the motor & tranny bolt up? Or just the tranny? Or i was thinking of making my hatch a prelude hatch. Will the front clip fit? Maby the bumpers or side skirts? And if it has dual carbs will the intake mani fit?

Thanks Matt

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh

Re: prelude?

way to double post.
    man that would be soooo hot if you put the 2nd gen lude in the 3rd gen accord. i love a20 for a20 swaps.
    Last edited by 3G Jester; 08-03-2006 at 05:38 PM.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

lol ^

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 3G Jester
    way to double post.
    man that would be soooo hot if you put the 2nd gen lude in the 3rd gen accord. i love a20 for a20 swaps.
    maybe he needs a replacement egine for his accord

if you grab the lude acu andswap it into the 86-87 accord it will bring up the speed limitter though. ludes got 140mph on the dial.

Vehicle
    90 ED7 Si

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    ludes got 140mph on the dial.
    WOW thats soooo fast!! I should swap a a20 into my accord, that would be so much work though....

j/p
    I can't read the signature rules so MrBen deleted my signature.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Bglad420
    WOW thats soooo fast!! I should swap a a20 into my accord, that would be so much work though....
    j/p

no the prelude si's ecu can be swapped out with the 86-87 lxi's giving you a higher top speed if the accord doesnt have a speed limiter and you can actually make it that fast.

my 86 LX-i hatch has a speed limiter...the engine its self...it stops producing power at 5,000 RPM in 5th gear...120mph FTW!

Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord Lx

If its a 3rd. gen lude... the front clip will bolt up. I'm not sure if the engine will bolt up. You going carb? Cause the lude has a dual side draft set up and there a bitch to work on. Very cramped wrenching space. The good thing about the side drafts is it has a better throttle response then our accords.
    Now if vegetable oil is made out of vegetables and olive oil is made out of olives.... whats baby oil made out of?

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by baqnblaq
    If its a 3rd. gen lude... the front clip will bolt up. I'm not sure if the engine will bolt up. You going carb? Cause the lude has a dual side draft set up and there a bitch to work on. Very cramped wrenching space. The good thing about the side drafts is it has a better throttle response then our accords.
    The 3rd gen lude is wider then the 3rd gen accord

so it would not look right.
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

um yea 2nd gen ludes in the states top out at 110 trust me ive tried to go faster, but if its a canadian it can go 140 or even fast, and btw whats the engine code on the lude?

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by rustlude87
    um yea 2nd gen ludes in the states top out at 110 trust me ive tried to go faster, but if its a canadian it can go 140 or even fast, and btw whats the engine code on the lude?

The 1985-86 Base Ludes used ET1 The ET displaced 1.8 L (1829 cc) and was an SOHC 12-valve engine. Dual sidedraft carburetors produced 100 hp (75 kW) @ 5500 rpm and 104 ft·lbf (141 Nm) @ 4000 rpm.

and the SI's used the BT (A20A3) Same engine as seen in the 1986-87 Accord LX-i
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

swap in that engine it'd be easier to bolt up dual 45 dcoes that' an upside right?

To the guys giving advice: Thank you. And nope my engines not gone. To you who make fun of me for not knowing what motor was in the prelude without poping the hood, im not an f-ing ricer, this is just my beater car.

Thanks

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

id been keen for a a20 swap any day seriously!!

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

actually i dont know any ricers that even know what kind of car my 3gee is half the time. heh. seems nobody has heard of an A20 outside of 3geez i've found, well not too many people.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap