Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, easy swap idea hopefully..... Help??

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

Re: Ok, easy swap idea hopefully..... Help??

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    if im not mistaken i think u need to redo the engine and dash wiring
    i was thinking this same thing http://www.jspecautosports.com/catal...px?prod_id=332 get that right there, build it up on my engine stand in my garage and then once it's all done drop it in my accord, if it goes in and just needs dash wiring and engine bay wiring that'd be alright and probly easier than the straight up efi to carb swap right?

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterfuzzy
    i was thinking this same thing http://www.jspecautosports.com/catal...px?prod_id=332 get that right there, build it up on my engine stand in my garage and then once it's all done drop it in my accord, if it goes in and just needs dash wiring and engine bay wiring that'd be alright and probly easier than the straight up efi to carb swap right?
    why don't you just go down to the jy and get one instead if you're going to be building it? our cars are all over the junkyards nowadays and the engines can be had for a third or even a fourth of what that one will cost you. if you're going to be building it up anyway, chances are you're going to replace key components with stronger/more hi-perf parts.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    why don't you just go down to the jy and get one instead if you're going to be building it? our cars are all over the junkyards nowadays and the engines can be had for a third or even a fourth of what that one will cost you. if you're going to be building it up anyway, chances are you're going to replace key components with stronger/more hi-perf parts.
    that's a good idea, i'll probly do that, but will it pretty much just plug n play w/ the exception of dash and engine bay wiring?

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

unless you remove some stuff, i believe the wiring was the same for all the injected models no matter the year. if you're going to get your cam reground, headers, intake mani, etc., then you shouldn't really have a problem seeing the heads are all the same (except the cams, but you're regrinding that anyway) and so are the blocks. so it shouldn't be any different than any other swap.