Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: frantik's suspension progress thread

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: frantik's suspension progress thread

we dident put them back ewords the bumb stops were carved out till the top park that we had to pull over i still think we should have cut them

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

nah they're definitely on upside down lol.. and maybe they should be cut too

edit: i found this advice re: cutting the stops/:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims 86LXI HB
    And I would resist the tempation to trim allot of the Koni bumpstops, absolutely don't trim them down more than half. I'd do 3/4 if it were my car.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost....65&postcount=3
    lol u guys wanna help me with them again?

Last edited by frantik; 09-30-2006 at 10:24 PM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

yeah here's a pic of some that had been installed.. they've been cut and the tapered end goes to the top

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by frantik
    nah they're definitely on upside down lol.. and maybe they should be cut too

edit: i found this advice re: cutting the stops/:

lol u guys wanna help me with them again?

Ummmmm........................................

OK

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

all i can say is i told u so lol j/k let me know if we have to do it im down as long as its on a week end, the only reson i will help is caus eim gona need yuour guys's help doing my car lol

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Oh yeah and we better do it soon I might start a new job and I know that I'm going to be losing my weekends.
    No more wholesale autoparts job, I'm going to be the guy delivering your mail.... (if I pass the interview)

LX User

lol i had a feeling that we should cut the stops. roger thats cool, you'll be working with my uncle. he lives like 5 minutes away from u.
    02 pontiac trans am M6 ws-6
    with a big vacuum leak

Vehicle

Cool Maybe I'll meet him there if I get the job
    (sorry Frantik didnt mean to hijack your thread)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

all i can say is i told u so lol
    yeah yeah.. where were u when we were putting em on upside down? jk

I'm down for next saturday if that works for you guys.. or whenever.. i dont have any thing going on so just let me know

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by picopop
    I'm going to be the guy delivering your mail.... (if I pass the interview)

Vehicle

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

yeah i'm just itching to install some damn parts

Whwere did you get all this parts?
    I'l been serchinc for a long time now for this...

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo

i guess you need to search a little harder......
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo
    I think I mentioned it in the beginning of the thread but:

Front Konis: Bought from 3geez member keruhas184 - these shocks are no longer manufactured so it's nearly impossible to get a new set - $300 shipped

Rear Tokico: ordered from Cardomain.com - $115 shipped

Eibach sportline lowering springs - purchased from ebay - $75 shipped

Strutbars and Tiebars - bought from 3geez member Justin86 - See this thread - $210 shipped for all bars
    Last edited by frantik; 10-04-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

^^^frantik you sure it was 110 shipped for the justin bars?

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

i mean $210

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

ok guys....i just TRIED to fucking install the front x brace.....and goddamn that was hard! one of my stupid bolts wouldnt come out, then my fucking impact wrench got stuck on it and i couldnt get it off. i was doing all of this in the garage at work right in the fucking middle of the door way and i had a guy coming by in an hour to pick up a car....uh...problem lol. so i was running out of time and i couldnt get the damn wrench off and i hadnt even taken one bolt off! fucking shit lol. so i kinda gave up after 45 mins of trying to get the damn thing off...had a cig and got under the car. the after the break i just pulled and the damn wrench fell off. great! out of fucking time.

anyway on to more important things....the splash guard does NOT have to come off....BUT i had to cut off a lil piece to get the front braces to fit. you CAN take it off...but its too much work in my opinon...i just took a box opener and took a piece off to allow the damn brace to clear it. easy. the rest should go on great. oh and i think the driverside drive shaft MIGHT hit the brace that the bolt goes onto...why? well once you get under your car with the wheels hanging you will see. i kinda cant explain it and dont have my camera SO youre fucked lol.

all in all, this should be fun...especially with my damn car's bolts almost seized in their holes. i leteraly had to take a hammer to my wrench to get it off....even my impact wrench wouldnt budge them....i dunno why! and the damn thing is a SNAP-ON!!!! lol

well ill get pics once i get a chance...i havent driven it yet either so ill let you know what it feels like when i do

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

damn sounds like a battle! whats the clearance like underneath the car now?

Vehicle

well im only dropped 1" so its ok...its nothing to be too afraid of. the only problem is when i come into work there is this fucking dip that totaly blows...its almost like this \___/...im not kidding either. thats the only part that sucks, i drove it around the building and it seems to be tighter than usual, but it might just be me

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

^ I'm worried I won't be able to take my car to the carwash anymore lol they say they won't take cars with clearance less than 5.5".

took the car for a little spin last night and i took this one freeway transfer bridge at like 70mph the whole way and normally 50 is the fastest i want to go cause the car would start to wobble and shit. Now the only thing i have to deal with is the centrifical force pulling me out of my seat.. the car itself stays hella flat. The suspension on the car is so much tighter than before it's awesome. before I felt like the car was overpowering the suspension, but now i definitely need more minor HP adding mods like CAI and exhaust

Vehicle

lol...just wash your car at home damn it. or take it to those places where you can just wash your car with the presure washer.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

yeah yeah.. i cant wash it at home and those pressure wash places kinda suck lol.. but stil it is a lame excuse not to install it hehe

LX User

if u take it to a detail shop,there able to wash ur car by hand.
    02 pontiac trans am M6 ws-6
    with a big vacuum leak

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

bizzidy bumping this thread.. it took a little bit longer than I was hoping but I've got some sway bars on the way

just placed an order with summit racing for an ST front swaybar $130 shipped. They're out of stock but should be back in by next month according to their site.

I also ordered a Vigor rear sway bar off of Estimated Prophet for $60 shipped I looked into it an apparently the Vigor rear swaybars are 16mm.. here's a pic of it measured with a digital caliper. ST rear swaybars are 5/8", which is 15.8mm... which is close enough to 16mm to say they're basically the same size. You do get poly bushings with the ST though..

something interesting ive though about though.. it seems like an even better upgrade for a rear bar besides vigor or ST for 3geez would be an ST or other bar for a 4th gen, since apparently 4th gen bars fit our cars as well. Maybe if the vigor bar isn't good enough I'll try that.

i've also got a set of prelude adjustable front control arms which i'll eventually install. I'm actually thinking of rebuilding the whole front suspension, replacing all of the bushings and ball joints and whatnot.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

bizzidy bumping this thread.. it took a little bit longer than I was hoping but I've got some sway bars on the way

just placed an order with summit racing for an ST front swaybar $130 shipped. They're out of stock but should be back in by next month according to their site.

I also ordered a Vigor rear sway bar off of Estimated Prophet for $60 shipped I looked into it an apparently the Vigor rear swaybars are 16mm.. here's a pic of it measured with a digital caliper. ST rear swaybars are 5/8", which is 15.8mm... which is close enough to 16mm to say they're basically the same size. You do get poly bushings with the ST though..

something interesting ive though about though.. it seems like an even better upgrade for a rear bar besides vigor or ST for 3geez would be an ST or other bar for a 4th gen, since apparently 4th gen bars fit our cars as well. Maybe if the vigor bar isn't good enough I'll try that.

i've also got a set of prelude adjustable front control arms which i'll eventually install. I'm actually thinking of rebuilding the whole front suspension, replacing all of the bushings and ball joints and whatnot.
    good luck and have fun,just got mine finished,the steering rack was the last part,even though the new steering rack leaks like a sob,i'll finish it later. i went to the extreme,media blasting and paining all the stripped parts. i replaced every part on the front, put new upper arms on the back,as well as installed that sway bar. best suggestion,go to a yard,get someone to sell you an entire front end for cheap, then rebuild it piece by piece off the car. when you are done,swap everything and get your alignment fixed. it's much eaisier then swapping part after part. it's quite a job,getting stuff like the wheel bearings out and the control arm bushings is a pain in the ass. try to go with moog as much as possible, and replace the wheel studs with Arp. good time to overhaul your brakes too. i replaced everything including calipers,discs,and new hoses. there are pictures on my site i believe of the suspension work,or at least some of it.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 06-06-2007 at 09:44 PM.