Thread: swap A20 into civic

DX User

swap A20 into civic

Please help me with all advice in swapping '87-'89 carbureted accord with automatic into '86 carbureted civic with automatic. Thanks, [email protected]

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: swap A20 into civic

only question is why oh god why?

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)

Actually, I've got another question. Why be an asshole to someone asking for help? Did he ask you to do a swap on your car? You might want to thank the "God" you mention that you are fortunate enough to have not one, but two cars.

Hcir, sorry for the children here. I don't have any experience with that type of swap, but I do know that there are members on this forum that have done swaps the other way around (Civic into Accord). There are some obvious issues, such as engine mounts, axle lengths, engine harnesses and management (ECU) issues, and clutch differences. I think this would be a pretty difficult swap to do, and would take a lot of time, cost and labor to pull off. How bad do you want to do it?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

no he did not but why swap a20 into a civic and i wasent being an ass i was actually look for an answer back see thats the prob with the internet u type something one way and everyone thinks your an asshole, and i do half to ask how old u are cause i actually have children

2ndGenGuy

It does seem like an odd swap. Especially when just about every Civic has some kind of kit for doing some sort of engine swap. But it would be really cool to see it done! I think it would be sweet just because it's different.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)

Damned, you already procrastinated? Too late!
    LOL. Hey man, let it go. I'm 43 by the way, and I just get fired up when I see someone come on this forum, ask for help, and the first reply they get is some crap like what you posted. If he wants to swap a deisel into a moped, let him, and offer constructive answers if you have them, but don't squash him right off the bat. I'm all about customizing cars, and I've seen some monstrosities that I would never own myself, but I do respect the work that person does, and the fact that they like it as their own, even if I don't. Chill out and help the guy, eh?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle

i personaly am the same way but i would not swap a a20 carb into anything i have two of them and there the pits thats why i cant waot for my fi swap to happen

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

but dont bash him for doing it. Maybe he has a free a20 carbed motor and it will be cheaper for him to fab it up. Not to mention the a20 is more powerful than the garbage that comes in the civic. Just dont be rude about it lol.

nothing against you personally either, most of the time you are pretty polite. We have had several threads lately that could be EASILY answered by just reading the stickies. this is not one of those cases, i just think maybe the whole forum should try to be more nice rather than posting 12 replies that all say SEARCH!!
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

If im not mistaken there is an a20 in a civic somewhere around here that runs 9's lol

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Honestly, I would not swap such a thing into an older Civic like this. The A20A is a good power plant but there is better stuff out there.

Using this mount kit, you can swap any B series engines into your Civic:
    http://www.hasport.com/Products/Moun...unt%20AFB1.htm

This mount kit is a bit expensive I have to agree tough. If you're tight on money and just want to have fun with the swap, the D16A1 from the 86-87 Integra is easier to swap in your car and will be fun to drive.

However, the A20A isn't that bad. Be prepared to make custom engine mounts and mess with the axles. Since the A20A is already carbed, you won't have to mess with EFI conversions or the like.

I think this sums it up.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle

ya but that thing is out or control and it has a b series tranny