Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to the forum

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: new to the forum

i have th elink at home but form what i understand is if u know what your doing it should only take a couple days

overdosed is faster then me lol

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah if you want reliability EFI is the way to go...carbs are not bad but you have to knoe what you are doing...once you tweak something everything can go wrong...I own both types a DX and a LX-i and they are both good cars but the DX is giving me problems right now

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User

was thinking of just leaving it as a carb and seeing if my best friends dad could help with the vacuum line removal. but having a problem find out how i would go about leaving the choke and the secondary choke alone on the car and not making it a manual choke because im not really sure if that would work out well in the cold winters we have in canada. will probally do efi sometime later when i gain more mechanical experience.

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

i guess im a little slow to post but fellow SKer! I dont wanna dissapoint you, but an efi conversion is alot of work. Anyway, go to picknpulls, youll find all the parts you need for cheap

DX User

dont really know where that is located have been to bucks auto parts inregina with and got som disapointment with the lack of parts they have there

DX User

i know i should post here but not sure exactly where to post it but i was reading a couple of the forums about dual carb setups and was wondering if you could hook up the dual carb intake from a prelude and make it work. and still get some good power from it. with out changing over to weber carbs.

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

bucks is a hit and miss here they got jack all for hondas atm but then their yard is 90% crushed cars cause the crusher is down.

DX User

i am looking for some help my brother and i are swapping the engine from the 86 accord to the 88 accord but were having a problem with the distributor for it. because the 86 was an efi and the 88 is a carb and the 88 when we bought it didnt have the distributor i was if the efi distributor will work with the carb and if it will work perfectly with it and what kinds of modifications will need to be done to the wiring.

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

it look like this?
    Hitachi

or this?
    TEC ones on the carbed motor

tec with 2 difrent caps witch does not matter..

DX User

got the car up and running the other day ran good for a while thenit started pouring anitfreeze from behind the intake and we couldnt figure out what it was till we felt around on the intake and its leaking from a good sized hole in the intake and we are out of money so my brother JB welded the hole but it's not seemingly working since we tried it again this morning after letting it cure for 36 hours and it still is leaking im hoping someone can tell us what the hell could be leaking from the intake.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

coolant. there're coolant lines that go to the intake manifold and my guess is that one of those busted. you have two options. you can either do a coolant bypass of the intake manifold or you can change the busted hose. the easier of the two is the bypass, just make sure you route the hoses correctly. because changing them is a pain, especially if the stock efi airbox is still on. (by the way, are you still running carb or did you do the efi conversion? i was too lazy to read the whole thread. if you're still running carb, then my words might be less potent.) if you decide to change them, change them all at once so you don't have to be doing it soon. because when one 20 year old hose breaks, the rest of the 20 year old hoses are soon to follow.

Vehicle
    1986 Golf

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Nice man... way to go. like the ghettogeddy said that EXi is high model... the only way to know or to be sure is "if you have a disck brakes back" then you have a real EXi.

One more thing. if you want to swap trom Carb to EFi. EFi is the way to go, you'l get some extra HP to!!! a Carb A20a had 105HP the EFI is 122HP.

Oooo... allmost forgaten

Last edited by Tomisimo; 10-18-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread