Thread: Fiberglass: where?

Thumbs up Fiberglass: where?

I wanna try making a custom component enclosure in the rear and it looks like this would be a perfect time to learn to use fiberglass, only thing is I don't know where to get the materials I need. What do I do?
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    see user name
    I get my stuff from Wal-mart. Go to the automotive section where they sell spray paint and bondo and stuff for the car. The fiberglass resin comes in like a rectangular tin container. The hardener should come with it so don't buy it separately if you don't have to. I think Wal-mart sells it in two different size containers. You should also be able to find fiberglass mesh in the same area. Another place to get stuff is at Lowe's. Don't forget to buy a bag of disposable latex gloves and disposable brushes.

Hope this helps. Ask if you have anymore questions.

Peace..
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    i'm in the process of making a custom rack in the left plastic side pocket in the trunk, so far its going good, fibre will harden really really hard

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchback
    Select Products, at www.selectproducts.com makes some trick fibreglass materials. Some of it is spendy but is much easier to work with and your finished product is much nicer.
    Trust in God but lock your car

cool thanks... I'll check that out!
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord (Australian Model Si)
    damn I'd love a custom boot enclosure with nice fiberglassed areas....

Banned
    POS carb, lets just say it isnt as easy as it looks. I did my little crx lip and it came out good, but it took me 6 hours. Its hard. Msg me on AIM and I will tell you all about it.

WebdesignF

Nate.