Thread: master cylinder

LX User

master cylinder

ok so some one is tring to sel me a car and he says it needs a mastercylinder and that the part is like 40 or 60 bucks and that the car isnt drivable to i replace that. so i first i was wondering is it even worth paying 1500 for a lude with 100.000 miles and then i was wondering if this is a bad thing to go out. like i know if your timing belt breaks then your skrewed is it the same for the master cylinder? like he says that i need a mc for the clutch? what do you guys think?

Vehicle
    1989 LX Sedan, 1989 LX-i Sedan (Parts Car)

Re: master cylinder

Is it the Brake Master Cylinder, or the Clutch Master Cylinder??? Or the Clutch Slave Cylinder? I've replaced all three on my Teg/Accord, not that hard to do if you are mechanically inclined. I've been a mechanic for 12 years though, so I found it easy. Even for a novice it's not that big of a job.
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    1996 Acura Integra GSR VTEC (GONE)

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

LX User

i think it is the clutch imma have to wake up tomm and askk the guy he is my niehbor so ya. and do you think it is worth the money ? for a lude with 100 k miles on it 1500 buck?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

it depends if it runs strong. what year is it? also what model and trim level....try to run Kelly Blue Book to find out if you are geting a good price....maybe he can go down on the price since the car needs parts to get fixed.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

LX User

i dont know nothing realy about the car. but today ill try to go and check to see if it worth it. cuz i dont have a car anymore because my dad gotta go to school soo yea and so i need anther accord or anther car. and i dont have the money so he said that he will let me pay monthly. i dont think he will let go down on the price though cuz he is letting me pay monthly.
    does anyone one know worst case sceniero what this can cause me? if it is any of the master cylender
    PS sorry about all the spelling mistakes.