Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Order CF parts NOW! ET Aftermarket

DX User

Thumbs up Order CF parts NOW! ET Aftermarket

Hey guys its jerry again. heres most of your questions awnsered:
    Its structualy sound, due to the oem part being used.
    Its almost like a CF Paint job, the oem part is prepped, CF Applied and vaccum bagged, and it ends up looking just like the real thing.
    Due to the CF shortage and insane CF prices (if u can even find the stuff) this is a beautiful alternative to purly cosmetic applications.
    Order from our website!
    Any part available, not just the ones on the list. Prices will be worked out one on one for different parts.

If the site doesnt work e-mail me at [email protected]
    Last edited by ETAftermarket; 09-26-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch
    the pop ups are working fine lol (u really most get your new web site) but the site isent loading

also can u do just solid fiberglass parts

DX User

Re: Order CF parts NOW! ET Aftermarket

To make actualy full replacement parts a mold is required. basicly i need more then a couple serious buys befor ill make a mold, that is why the overlays are available at the moment. and yes if a mold is made i can make pure fiberglass parts.

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

site doesent work. Damn it! what a waste of an erection. lol

DX User

Im sorry ill work on it asap, untill then please just e-mail me.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

id have to see pics....all i can picture is just an overlay piece that goes on top of the stock pieces....i dunno...i guess i would really just have to see a pic of whatever.

and wtf? a cf shortage?

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by mkymonkey
    id have to see pics....all i can picture is just an overlay piece that goes on top of the stock pieces....i dunno...i guess i would really just have to see a pic of whatever.

and wtf? a cf shortage?
    theres been a shortage for quite some time know

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by mkymonkey

and wtf? a cf shortage?

yeah i keep hearing different people that makes cf parts saying theres a shortage

anyways, i wanna see some kind of an example first.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle

i dont understand how there COULD be a shortage. isnt it a man made product?

anyway....and isnt the purpose of CF as a mod to make the car lighter? so if you sell overlays....wouldnt that just be for looks and not actually serve a purpose besides you telling your friends that your headlights are made out of cf when they're just overlays....

...sounds kinda pointless....just like a CF shift knob. dont get me wrong....im still interested, and if i see some great examples, im willing to shell out some cash

DX User

Boeing mainly, the usa has to keep turning out war machines, duh. lol. What im trying to do here is bring the market where there is none. now mold costs quite a bit of money, you need a mold to make a true CF part. untill i get people with cash in hand saying they def want the parts, and have a part agreed on, i cant make a mold.

Vehicle

DX User

Keep in mind i will make a mold with FAR less people signed on, as some companys want min orders of atleast 20, with outrageous prices if they dont think they can sell 20 a week. ET Aftermarket is a small company, looking to work with the small audience of 3g accords and ludes. Its an untapped market for us (i own a 3g lude) and i intend to tap it.

Vehicle

so what do you need to make a mold...shit ill send you some headlight skins if you like...free fuck it lol

Vehicle

well you have to start with somthing every one will want and doesent care if everyone has the same, like mirrors. I dont think every one is going to want there car to look like every one elses 3gee. Thats the problem your going to run into for lips I think. I also have a lot of parts you can use if you need them

DX User

Extremely helpfull, i own a 3g lude not an accord, so any donated parts whould be of extreme help and worth a discount off all our parts in the future. ill put myself out on a limb here because the market seems decent, and say if i get 5 people who swear up and down they will buy i will make a mold for a small part such as headlight covers to start with.

Vehicle

where do I send the money? and what parts do you need?

Vehicle

i might be interestes in 2 cf hoods is there any discount on multi part orders

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

how much would a set of real cf headlight covers cost? i might be tempted. or a hood.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)

Hey where are you located? Would be nice if we could redo my custom bodykit in carbonfiber. A nice vented hood would be nice, like Evo style. Carbon fiber trunk, doors, widebody fenders, etc. would be nice too. Like the ones Seibon.com makes.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

I think it's going to be really hard for us to decide on a single piece for the mold.

SO...

I think a good idea would be If we have a vote listing the 5 most popular components people want made... we could decide quicker and get an actual mold made.

Good idea yes/no?

and If you think it's a good idea list off what you would want made so we can get a most popular list made!
    Last edited by Gemini2003; 09-26-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee

I'd say my top 5 carbon fibre items would be (in order of importance):

1. Hood... sexy :-)
    2. Trunk... sexy :-)
    3. Left and right front fenders
    4. Mirrors
    5. Dash

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer

I think the first mold ought to be the flip up lids, alot of people with the CF hood will probably want them, and they'll look good even if you don't have a CF hood.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by ETAftermarket
    Extremely helpfull, i own a 3g lude not an accord, so any donated parts whould be of extreme help and worth a discount off all our parts in the future. ill put myself out on a limb here because the market seems decent, and say if i get 5 people who swear up and down they will buy i will make a mold for a small part such as headlight covers to start with.
    can you give me an idea on the price of overlays? and how good are they at resisting uv light? I'm going to be making a set of custom taillights for the hatc and what i would want overlayed would be a rectangular piece of aluminum that fits inside of the light housing,it would have three holes cut in it for the lights. I'm waithing on an extra set of lights so I can start this project soon. I could supply the aluminum pieces to you already media blasted and cleaned.

Vehicle
    1989 LX Sedan, 1989 LX-i Sedan (Parts Car)

EP, what kind of vacuum pump do you have? I have been looking for a true regulated vacuum pump and resivoir tank that's not insanely expensive. I also do molds and composites layup as a hobby and want a decent vacuum system I can leave on all night and it will cycle instead of run constant. I need one that pulls 25" or more of vacuum for large wet layup parts, like a hood I plan to design for the Ram pickups.

What do you suggest??

Also, who do you use for your CF cloth? I've bought from AircraftSpruce and some on eBay, and am looking at buying some from http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm . Ive seen some CF with 90* woven kevlar that was dyed different colors, from purple, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and it was wicked. I've never been able to find who makes it, and I cannot contact the guy that showed the samples to me for some reason. Those would be friggin sweet!!!!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    1996 Acura Integra GSR VTEC (GONE)

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by RamThis
    EP, what kind of vacuum pump do you have? I have been looking for a true regulated vacuum pump and resivoir tank that's not insanely expensive. I also do molds and composites layup as a hobby and want a decent vacuum system I can leave on all night and it will cycle instead of run constant. I need one that pulls 25" or more of vacuum for large wet layup parts, like a hood I plan to design for the Ram pickups.
    What do you suggest??
    Also, who do you use for your CF cloth? I've bought from AircraftSpruce and some on eBay, and am looking at buying some from http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm . Ive seen some CF with 90* woven kevlar that was dyed different colors, from purple, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and it was wicked. I've never been able to find who makes it, and I cannot contact the guy that showed the samples to me for some reason. Those would be friggin sweet!!!!!
    fibreglast.com has some carbon/kevlar hybrids, and i went with a ebay vaccum pump.