Thread: distributor or something?please please please help

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi

distributor or something?please please please help

please help me i've been at it for two days straight. i have an 86' honda accord with performance coil and MSD box. two days ago i wanted to replace the distributor. i place the replacement on their and didn't connect two wires going to the ignition box and attempted to start the car, of course it didn't start. but after replacing the wires, i attempted to start the engine and it wouldnt start . i then put the old distributor back on and attempted to restart the engine. it didn't start. the car is getting fuel and is getting spark from the coil to the distributor to the spark plugs and still wont start. the rotar button is a few months old and so is the distributor cap and i got a new battery. i really dont know whats wrong and why it would not start. the distributor is in the same spot as the old one.
    i even got some of that spray that helps you start the engine and it wouldn't do a thing. the car also back fires when i would some times attempt to start it.can someone please help"I got to get to work on time" and how do you adjust the engine timing?

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

Re: distributor or something?please please please help

make sure you got all the wires connected properly.
    also, i know it is imposiible but make sure you distributor key is in right direction. i know people who mastered on installing honda distributors with key rotated 180 deg.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Re: distributor or something?please please please help

Yeah dude make sure the timing is set right. When I replaced mine that was my problem