Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly noob. :D

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

Re: Silly noob. :D

id highly reccomend a built motor for 300hp. You could probably do it at 15-17psi depending on the setup. It would be one fast ass car though. Dont kid yourself, built motor and 300+ hp arent cheap.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLe xOx BitT
    Well to have a 300whp (or even close)daily driver you will have to rebuild the motor, so if you get a extra motor you will have a shorter down time. As far as parts go im not sure on everything. How much are you looking to spend??? Even if you do all the work yourself you looking at spending a couple thousand dollars. If you do a stock rebuild with a cam shaft and ADJ gear, a few ignition upgrades, a 5-speed swap and turbo setup with like 8-10psi you can probably get around 200hp.
    How much would this cost? That sounds like it would be a good place to start. I plan for this to take place over the next year and a half, so there will be at least a good $6000 available (minding of course that I'll spend less than $2000 of that on the car). However, the 300hp figure was just a number I decided I'd like to reach when all is said and done, and as I'm sure I don't have to tell you, projects always go on for a long time =P The stock rebuild + 5spd sounds like a good place to start. What's your estimate on the rebuild, minus the cost of the auto/5spd swap?

Vehicle
    1990 CRX, 1992 Honda Civic DX (sold, then stolen! :(), 1988 Honda Accord LX (sold + missed :()

Not too shabby! Good luck with your build.

Not to bring this back up.. But you can tell is an 88-89 just by looking at the side moldings. The 86-87 has square moldings without the nifty dip in the middle. lol..

It just has an 86-87 front bumper because of a run in with the ass end of another car, i bet.
    Alas, no more 3gee. She was a wonderful car and will be missed..

No more 92 hatch either! I go through cars too much.

90 CRX

Vehicle

i dont think a stock or rebuilt bottom end on the motor will support 300hp reliably, forged pistons are a really really good idea at that power level. Hmm as to what it would cost... Ill have to get back to you on that

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Just one question-- how reliable is this 5spd swap? Like am I running a big risk inherent in the procedure, or is a simple matter of swapping out parts and drilling a few holes?

Vehicle

no drilling holes, its all bolt in, swap out part for part. It takes a while but as swaps go its not that hard.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

Okay. I have a friend that's pretty good at this sort of thing, plus his father who used to own a shop for years and has all the tools to do it. Would I need to raise the car completely and take out the transmission entirely?

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

When did you peaple lert to by a manual gear car? A automatick or shud i sei Hondamatic are boring car to drive!!!!

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

Quote Originally Posted by interim
    Okay. I have a friend that's pretty good at this sort of thing, plus his father who used to own a shop for years and has all the tools to do it. Would I need to raise the car completely and take out the transmission entirely?
    transmission swap. yes, your automatic tranny will have to come out so that the 5 speed will go in.