Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor swap

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: Motor swap

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo
    You teling me that B20a dont reqvaer a engen mount rebild? I can just swich those two?
    yes but u have to be sure its a b20 from a 3rd gen accord

2ndGenGuy

What you're going to get rid of the wipers??? Those are a sacred thing... We don't have them here in the US. To get rid of them would be a tragedy! Ok, well at least sell me the motors and wiper arms, and the headlight wiper switch!

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    What you're going to get rid of the wipers??? Those are a sacred thing... We don't have them here in the US. To get rid of them would be a tragedy! Ok, well at least sell me the motors and wiper arms, and the headlight wiper switch!
    why so u can wipe your headlights when its down? lol

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    why so u can wipe your headlights when its down? lol
    that is just cold papa smurf

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

I can foud you headlights and you can have mine wipers for resinable price if you want to... you can rebild your Accord... gona be onawa kind ride there in US... you will need new bonet...

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

2ndGenGuy

All I need are the JDM headlights. I've got a 2gee. No pop ups for me. No front end conversion necessary. I just need the grille from a 2gee with the wipers, the wipers themselves, motors, and lights. I'd be willing to bet the headlight wipers are the same from the 2gee to the 3gee.

Vehicle

All I need are the JDM headlights. I've got a 2gee. No pop ups for me. No front end conversion necessary. I just need the grille from a 2gee with the wipers, the wipers themselves, motors, and lights. I'd be willing to bet the headlight wipers are the same from the 2gee to the 3gee.
    Dont know, but you can have them "wipers" Do you need the headlights to?
    We can trade if you want, i give som - you give some! Interested?
    If yes than send me a PM

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle

Hi ppl... i was thinking about body kit thing, and deside to leave mi car clean and original on the outside, maybe a lip under front bamper and a bit longer side skerts. maybe a doble exoust... you gaes talk me to sencis...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Hi ppl... i was thinking about body kit thing, and deside to leave mi car clean and original on the outside, maybe a lip under front bamper and a bit longer side skerts. maybe a doble exoust... you gaes talk me to sencis...
    yay nice to hear that...i think the 5th gen accord lip does look good on our cars...check out cheeseburgers car. i kinda liked the z24 sideskirts that ricer36 had....im not sure if they will fit a 4door but other than that it looks good....with all that money that you saved get the nicer engine and performance mods

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    yay nice to hear that...i think the 5th gen accord lip does look good on our cars...check out cheeseburgers car. i kinda liked the z24 sideskirts that ricer36 had....im not sure if they will fit a 4door but other than that it looks good....with all that money that you saved get the nicer engine and performance mods
    Yess... new motor is on the way allready B20A to be exakt. with no trany he sold it, so i want to know, can i use 5speed i allready have , on b20 motor.
    one more thing. they said to me that thet engine has being apart from body for about 6 years. can it be a problem? I gona rebuild it enyway. just to be sure.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

first, your question about the tranny has been asked milliion times. you should use search buttom before you post it. answer to your question would be NO. You can't use A series tranny on B series motor. It has to be B20A tranny. No other tranny will bolt up to it.

second, since the engine has been sitting outside for 6 month, you may want to rebuild it before installing it.
    Alex.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd79
    first, your question about the tranny has been asked milliion times. you should use search buttom before you post it. answer to your question would be NO. You can't use A series tranny on B series motor. It has to be B20A tranny. No other tranny will bolt up to it.
    second, since the engine has been sitting outside for 6 month, you may want to rebuild it before installing it.

Thx man... i realy precyated. Engine has being sitting outside for about 6 Years not months. and i allready ordered rebuild kit with all gaskits to whole motor. Ok then i need to serch for tranny now !

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Thx man... i realy precyated. Engine has being sitting outside for about 6 Years not months. and i allready ordered rebuild kit with all gaskits to whole motor. Ok then i need to serch for tranny now !
    yeah you should rebuild it....after you find the tranny it should be good to go....sounds like its going to be a fast car when you finish with it

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

yeah you should rebuild it....after you find the tranny it should be good to go....sounds like its going to be a fast car when you finish with it
    Yes indeed. I want to ask someone who have ordered forget pistons and rods, valves maybe to a B20a engine, kan hook me up with order nomber? to Diamont Racing or ather monufaqturers?

The Turbo is in the house. just need those parts i named above.
    Thx alot

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd79
    well not quite. the b18a tranny will bolt up to the b20a as well. ask wohdog about it.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    well not quite. the b18a tranny will bolt up to the b20a as well. ask wohdog about it.
    thoes are more rare than the b20 tranny....lol

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Is it any 6spd tranny for B20a? or its only 5 speed? coz i can se in database in junkyard nettwark. maybe i find some B18a trany there. in what car models this kind of tranny came with?

You gyes help me alot vith direkt info. i be happy to lern more about swap tricks.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

1st: there are no 6 speed.
    2nd. they came in 3g accord, 86, 87, 88. and 86-87 prelude
    anything else will not fit or bolt up.

and please use search button. this has been asked many times.
    Alex.

Vehicle

thoes are more rare than the b20 tranny....lol
    true, but if you stumble across one, you can use it. i was more just throwing that out there than giving the guy any real hope of finding one.

Vehicle

No problem, i find tooday a tranny, the man said that he has rebuild it. i get it cheep. next on menu is pistons and rods.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

ha i rmeember back in the day when i got that gearbox. its a minter still going strong and im keeping it. i believe the b20a box is f2k and the b18 vigor box is b2k whatever those mean. snoopy the box on your motor has no marking?? it drives good tho

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by wohdog
    ha i rmeember back in the day when i got that gearbox. its a minter still going strong and im keeping it. i believe the b20a box is f2k and the b18 vigor box is b2k whatever those mean. snoopy the box on your motor has no marking?? it drives good tho
    lol....you took mine out for a spin already or is that when you were getting the car?

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    lol....you took mine out for a spin already or is that when you were getting the car?

-Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST