Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The RamThis Accord Update Thread!!!

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord

Re: The RamThis Accord Update Thread!!!

yeah i know what ya mean i also like 5 spoke or mesh like the ls meshes and fat fives are my 2 choices but those gunmetal 6 spoke with polished lip look so sick...

<3 sohc
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...t=59236&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    It's something about being unique

Vehicle
    1989 LX Sedan, 1989 LX-i Sedan (Parts Car)

Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE
    I can appreciate the hard work you're doing, I've been block sanding and filling for a while now on my car and it takes alot of time! I can't wait to see your final projects outcome.
    Pics???
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    1996 Acura Integra GSR VTEC (GONE)

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Last edited by ghettogeddy; 11-11-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Vehicle

Oh yeah I remember that, just been so long since I seen that thread lol. Bitesize you gotta update that thing man!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle

Well I have more update pics but my pic host is down, probably will be down for a few more days. I'll just list what I've gotten done.

Roof is flattened out and skim coated where it needed to be raised a bit. The seams and thicker areas were brought up with Dyna-Fill, knocked down some, then skimmed with MetalWorks blending filler, which took about five or more applications, one full application, then some added in various spots as I sanded and blended until I got a really smooth, flat, waveless surface. The sunroof looks like it belongs there now, and the rear seams by the back doors should appear to have never been part of the car.

I fixed the door dings in the rear quarters, the dent below the passenger side tail light, and filled the body seams on both sides below the tail lights, the small vertical seam next to the LX/LX-i/SE-i badge that's also on the driver side.

I have cleaned all the old windshield adhesive off the faying surface, and brought it down to clean metal.

It is all masked off and ready to shoot some heavy solids buildup primer on, and poof, weather went from 80*F yesterday afternoon, to 29*F now, and I lost my short window of oppurtnity to mix and spray a coat of primer on it because my damn quart can of activator turned into a block of clear solidness sometime in the past six months, and by time I got back from the paint stores and NAPA, it was too late to spray. Now it's too cold to do a damn thing outside. Damnit.

Anyway, I'm trying to hide all masking lines either in a sharp body seam, or behind trim or seals. I want it to look new, so people are going to "know" it's been repainted if they know what to look for, but I dont want it "obvious" either for resale value. Though after putting all this time and work into a car I dont think I'd get rid of it now until it's used up and really beyond another restore.

So, pics will come, eventually. I'm not going to start another account somewhere to post pics so that's just gonna have to wait a while. I hope hope hope the weather warms up soon, I want to get this damn thing painted so I can start on the engine rebuild and finish the swap!!!!
    Last edited by RamThis; 11-30-2006 at 02:19 PM.
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle

Ok here are the pics FINALLY. Our site went through a massive disc failure on our server and it's finally all worked out. Now I can finally upload my pics, hooray!!
    These pics were taken about the 27th of November, some a few days before or so, as I was working on the roof and such.
    Without further adue (sp??) here are the pics I have so far...
    Smoothed out, and antenna gone.... hard to believe that the hole and sunroof structure was never a part of this car. And when it's all put back together, you'd never know it didnt originally come with this sunroof unless you pulled off the headliner or pulled up the VIN number.....
    Notice the channels on the rear of the roof gone.....

Never knew how wavy the trunk lid was. It had some nasty dents along the back corner where someone tried to slam the trunk shut and pushed so hard the dented the sheetmetal. Also I deleted the emblems like in the chopped pics since I loved the clean look so much.

And door dings fixed, dent under PS tail light fixed, and those seams under the tail lights are history too.

I should have it in primer in a few days. Weather is finally cooperating and I'm done with all the other friggin work I've been doing for family members, which has had me busier than if I actually had a job LOL. So finally I can get to priming this bitch!!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

2ndGenGuy

Damn dude! Looking good! That car is gonna look so good when you're done. Always good to see people taking everything apart and doing it right. Badass! The shaved emblems will look nice too. I should have shaved the H off of my car, but I just wound up taking off the "Honda", "Accord" and "LX" emblems off.

Amazing how many dents you find when you really go over your car. Makes you wonder how they got there sometimes.

Vehicle

LOL yeah I hear ya on finding dents. I can understand the ones down the middle of the body from door dings (AKA bastards with no respect for other's property ) , but the tiny one above the fuel door, and the one in the C pillar on the driver side, have me clueless as to how they go there. I was thinking as I sanded the filler down "What kind of lifted monster parked next to my lil blue car to put a dent way up here??" lol.
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Looks pretty good. I'm doing pretty much the same thing. Check it out in "the welding thread" It's in the 2g interior/exterior section.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

ahhhhhhhhhhhh that looks soo nice, i hate those dent thingys there, gets rusty easily in there too... that looks good

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Your roof looks like mine. Lots of filler!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE
    Your roof looks like mine. Lots of filler!

Looks like a holstein don't it LOL. Ricer Cow!

Let's just say welding supports to the underside of the roof skin does not do it any favors lol.
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

Damn! How did I miss this thread. I had no idea you were working on a project this big. This is awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

PS. I'd be careful opening those doors in the rain now that those rain channels are gone.

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by speedpenguin
    Damn! How did I miss this thread. I had no idea you were working on a project this big. This is awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

PS. I'd be careful opening those doors in the rain now that those rain channels are gone.

You aint the only one looking forward to the finish of this project LOL. It's taken back burner status now because of other things we have going on, but I'm still working on it.

And those channels really weren't to drain water, it will still flow down over the rainguard seal above the door openings, and follow that guard down to about the rear door latch. The channel is just there because they needed a place to put both the roof panel and the C pillar/rear quarter panel together and also have it attach to the substructure for rigidity. So they pinch welded it all together there, added a couple trim pins, and stuck a piece of trim over it. Doing what I did only makes the job of a body repair harder later on really, by covering up the seam. But future body work is not a worry for me on this car. Once this is done, it's the last time I'll personally ever do any work to it that would ever involve the body up that high lol. If it gets that damaged, I'm gonna dump it and get something new. This will be the Honda's last hurrah unfortunately, but hopefully she'll shine like new for quite a while!!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle

Well, no updates really, it's been way too frigging cold to do anything. You cant paint unless it's over about 65F or so. Anything lower can cause curing problems. I missed my window of opportunity to prime the body by about an hour. Had my friggin activator for my primer not turned into a solid clear block, I would have made it before the first arctic blast hit. The trip to NAPA put me over on time and oh well, car's gotta set a while.

Plus the new job has me going 6 days a week. Good news is I've got money again. Bad news is, I got no time now LOL.

But other good news is I work like five minutes from the house, really a stroke of luck. So with such little travel time after work to get home, I will have more time int he evenings to knock this out once the weather warms up and the car thaws out!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by RamThis
    Well, no updates really, it's been way too frigging cold to do anything. You cant paint unless it's over about 65F or so. Anything lower can cause curing problems. I missed my window of opportunity to prime the body by about an hour. Had my friggin activator for my primer not turned into a solid clear block, I would have made it before the first arctic blast hit. The trip to NAPA put me over on time and oh well, car's gotta set a while.
    Plus the new job has me going 6 days a week. Good news is I've got money again. Bad news is, I got no time now LOL.
    But other good news is I work like five minutes from the house, really a stroke of luck. So with such little travel time after work to get home, I will have more time int he evenings to knock this out once the weather warms up and the car thaws out!!

Glad to hear that!

Keep US UPDATED!
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

well now that you are getting money you can pay some one do it professional job on it

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    well now that you are getting money you can pay some one do it professional job on it

WTF man my work is BETTER'n some dumbass "professional" LOL

Just you wait. And not "looks good in pictures" either. Looks good up close and personal......
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

il guess il be taking my car to the RAMTHis shop!

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

WTF man my work is BETTER'n some dumbass "professional" LOL
    Just you wait. And not "looks good in pictures" either. Looks good up close and personal......

Actually it looks pretty damn good even in the pictures. I dont see any flaws so far.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle

Actually it looks pretty damn good even in the pictures. I dont see any flaws so far.

You'll have to check it out some day. You still have some inner fenders to come get LOL. If you even still need them? Your old car is in my back yard under a tarp right now lol. The dog likes to lay in the floorboard of it. Damn animal thinks I put it back there for his lazy ass......
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

You'll have to check it out some day. You still have some inner fenders to come get LOL. If you even still need them? Your old car is in my back yard under a tarp right now lol. The dog likes to lay in the floorboard of it. Damn animal thinks I put it back there for his lazy ass......
    Yeah I still need it, I just have SOOOO much shit going on. So the 4Dr turned into a kennel, after looking how dirty the inside of the car was I am not surprised a dog would feel comfortable in there .
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle

Yeah I still need it, I just have SOOOO much shit going on. So the 4Dr turned into a kennel, after looking how dirty the inside of the car was I am not surprised a dog would feel comfortable in there .

LMAO I had to clean it out first before the dog would go in it.....
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

looking good ram!!!

Vehicle

Well only updates I have thus far is I got a full SE-I console (I guess that's what's it's from) it's a blue armrest back half and a blue cupholder/junk slot front half. Looks to be in pretty good condition. A little cleanup and some armor all and it'll go nicely in my lil blue bomb.

Other work going on is with the garage. I've been installing flourescents like a mutha in the garage in preperation for painting. I designed a floating mount to go UNDER the garage door to hold flourescent lights, or whatever, under the door instead of being attached to the cieling. This way, I have light with the door open or closed. Trick is getting the mount to go all the way across under the door, and still clear the big metal bracket that attaches to the door from the track that opens and closes the door, which sticks down about 6" below the underside of the door and the outer tracks. Some ingenious engineering of bracing around a U-shaped relief made a strong, self supporting center section that clears the door's lift bracket, and holds the lights up almost up as high as the inside of the door itself!

Weather is warming up here too, so in not too long I should be getting ready to spray some primer and get back to work on this bitch!!!
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD