Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PROJECT, WEBER DCOE ( SITE )

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    I'm running 91 octane. The gas is old, though, since my car has been sittin in the garage for like 5 weeks during the conversion. I don't have the vacuum advance hooked up. I see 2 little vacuum tubes coming off of the distributor - do I hook both up.

Just drove my car after having turned the advance halfway back to stock. It's not the same. My car likes advance. I want to give it more of what it likes.

Suggestions are welcome.
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    You need to find the spot where it still likes it and it doesn't ping. Its trial and error. Hook one of the lines on the advance into the power brake line before the one way valve. 91 you poor soul, we get 93 as standard high test around here, 94 if you want to buy sunoco's ultra.

andy

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hook up vacuum line #2 the other one is #25, Some hook both together... if you were to connect a distrubutor that wasn't part of the engine and hook up a vacuum line to each port the #2 line would advance the distributor more. so I think that would be all you needed.
    - llia

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    also check the valve lash. the exhaust could be cuasing a bottle neck kepping to much heat in the chamber.this could be cuasing the pinging.also run the vacum advance with the timing set back to stock. it will improve the thottle reponse and you still get good power. youve just about duobled the amount of incoming airflow. so now the heat need to be effectivly removed. andys car pinged like crazy with loose lash and ive had a motor do it to. try checking lash if the valves are clicking at idle its a sure sign it needs to be done. also change the main jet if its lean. i would doubt highly that the engine isnt getting enough air in. you need exhuast to get the air out. i say its time for a header and a cat back to start with. the pacesetter system may not be the best quality but it will help a whole lot. oooooh also make sure the catalytic converter isnt clogged it will make the motor ping for sure. lots of heat will always make the motor ping. think about air in heat out. gotta get the heat out.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    2010 Genesis Coupe; 1996 240SX
    what does DCOE stand for?

Pics of the '89 Accord Coupe: link

Vehicle
    From DarknessRS: "what does DCOE stand for?"
    -Edoardo Weber developed his first carburetors in the 1920's. The prefix number on the DCOE "40DCOE" is the diameter of the throttle plate (the throttle bore) in mm; DC means "doppio corpo" (double throat); O means "orizzontale (horizontal); E means it is a die cast carburetor; and the number or number and letter suffix is the variation type (mine are both 40DCOE151). You want to be very sure that the DCOEs you purchase are matched pairs. DCOEs won't together correctly if they are different variations.

From Funstick: "also check the valve lash."
    -I will. Haven't done that yet. They're not clicking at idle - only when i hit 6500 RPMs. Won't hurt to check them though.

Like you've all mentioned, I need to re-attach the vacuum advance. A20A1, I'll start off with #2, like you said. If that doesn't work, I'll connect both 2 & 25 together.

Funstick: "i say its time for a header and a cat back to start with."
    -Yeah, exhaust is next in line on my project list. I wanna go 2.5 inch. I would do headers too, but as I've mentioned, I really want to try to turbo the DCOEs. Since putting that together will probably take several months, I should probably go ahead and get headers for now.

I'm also gonna try running 93 octane. I'm sure I can find a station that carries it here.

Vacuum advance, valve lash check and exhaust. Hopefully that will take care of the ping at 6500 rpms.
    Mike Clark

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXi hatchback

octane?

what does octane have to do with it, does the gas you use make ur car have better performance???

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    hmmmm i wonder if the clicking at 6500 rpm might be valve float.doe the power fall off like crazy ??
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    "hmmmm i wonder if the clicking at 6500 rpm might be valve float.doe the power fall off like crazy ??"

I dunno - I was afraid to push it since it was clicking. I'll check tomorrow, though.

I know it was strong all the way up to it. Remember, I'm running a stock cam too.
    Mike Clark

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord/HB
    site...where did you get youe DCOE's?

Vehicle
    Got mine along with a bunch of other goodies (manifold, throttle linkage, airhorns, more) all off of Ebay. I list where I got everything for the conversion along with prices I paid in this thread:
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7264
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Anything new?
    - llia

Vehicle
    it wasn't in this thread but saw this one in my email notification so i am gonna throw this out here.... there was talk of the wieght of the DCOEs being a concern somewhere. i was thinking one day, that when you switch to the side drafts, do you end up clearing some room hight wise? if so, would it be possible to use an upper strut brace, like the ones for the LX-i's that us carb guys can't normally buy, and make some bracket on it to support the carbs while getting the double bonus of a strut bar?
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    The strut bar should work with DCOES. but since the engine moves the the brace wont... you will have to use rubber hangers much like the ones used to hang mufflers, it may look ugly though.
    - llia

Vehicle
    LOL - fuel line came loose and I suspect that I drove 40 miles with it that way. I thought I was getting very bad fuel economy, even for the DCOEs. :lol

I am talking with an automotive engineering co. in California about making sidedraft manifolds for the 3rd Gen Accord engine. They seem interested - this could be very cool!

I still have yet to re-hook up the vacuum advance. Since I don't plan on taking my revs over 6000 rpm anytime soon, I'm in no rush.

I'm a bit concerned about the performance of the carbs during the winter. I may install some kind of solar powered mini-heater in the engine bay and see if that helps.

The carbs are still performing great! Over the winter, I may try to devise some kind of support for the intake manifold. I still have worries about the weight of the DCOEs.

Thanks for asking!
    Mike Clark

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Don't worry about the weight. Unless they did a bad job on you manifold then you're fine. I've beat on, raced, driven from philly to maine and back (7.5hrs one way) mostly 80+ mph, etc with mine and not had one single problem.

andy

Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    someone should record the sound of these dual weber setup to make us ear this!

can't wait to put my dual 40dcom on my b20a!

Hey site what size idle jets are you using I cant seem to find a happy medium for mine thanks